Rewrite the Stars Part 17

Chapter 17:

Soon later, a gentle hand moves the blond bangs from the handsome, sleeping face. The young lady smirks as she lays on her stomach. "So handsome, even when sleeping," Masika thinks, smirking more.

Pharaoh Atem feels the movement of his bangs. He stirs his body, waking up from his slumber. His amber eyes blinks a couple of times before fully open.

"Did you had a good sleep, my pharaoh?" Masika asked with the smirk still on her lips.

He didn't say anything for a few moments, just staring deep within her eyes. "Did I just died and met a beautfiul fire goddess?" Pharaoh Atem mumbles, almost in a daze.

She blushes. "Do you know who's bed we're on?" Masika quickly changes the topic, smirking again.

"Who's bed?"

"Daddy's and mine's shared bed!" she giggles mischiously.

That really wake him up. "Oh, Ra!" Pharaoh Atem's embarrassed. "You're your father's daughter!" he blushes like crazy, sitting up on the edge of the bed.

She giggles more, placing the side of her head on her crossed arms. "Don't you think it's hot to be adventurous?" Masika teases.

"You're fully rested," he mumbles before smiling at her. "I have something for you," Pharaoh Atem changes the subject.

"Huh?" she's surprised, sitting up.

Masika watches her beloved pharaoh turn towards one of the small room where something new lays across. He lifts it up and she sees it's a brand new dress. At first her eyes gleamed at the new piece of clothing, but than memories of that horrible night of the ball came back to her. "It's beautiful, Atem, but-"

"There's no ball tonight," Pharaoh Atem tells her softly, knowing where she was getting at. "We're going to have a nice dinner tonight, just the two of us and no one else, you can wear the dress if you like," he explains, hoping she will say yes.

She stares at the young pharaoh for a little while, thinking of a decision. After making up her mind, the young girl stands on her feet and walks towards her lover. "It's a beautiful dress, Atem, it's perfect," she smiles, happily accepting the gift.

Pharaoh Atem smiles and kisses her. He steps out of the room for her get ready for tonight. The more she takes her time, the more he feels the second gift burning deep within his clothing. "Tonight's the night, Atem," he keeps on reminding himself. He needs to be brave for Masika. Than the young pharaoh looks up just for a moment, but than his eyes got locked.

Standing before him is a young girl around thirteen or fourteen years old wearing a sleeveless white dress that goes down to her ankles ending a tulip length. Golden trimmings are around her highneck, small waist, and the ends of the skirt. No footwear on her feet, still showing that she's of a lower status. Her dark hair grew slightly longer like to the middle of her neck as just some black eyeliner colored her face.

Masika sees her lover almost stunned of her appearance. "What's wrong, Atem?" she asked.

"Nothing's wrong, Masika," he smiles softly. "It's just, you make the dress more beautiful," Pharaoh Atem tells her, still stunned of her beauty.

"Where all of this flirtatious coming from?" she asked, smirking a bit.

"No reason," he smirks back. "Ready to go, my queen?" Pharaoh Atem offers his arm.

"Yes, I am, my pharaoh," Masika smiles, accepting his arm.

Khonu's rays fall over Eygpt when they arrive to the pharaoh's balcony. They spend a majority of their time together is on the balcony. Just something about looking out the kingdom at night seems so calming and peaceful.

Pharaoh Atem prearranged another picnic or dinner of somesorts for him and Masika. As usual, he helps her into her chair like a gentleman. The two lovers are enjoying a pleasant dinner of all of her favorite food, which surprises her a lot.

He will continue staring his lover with such love in his eyes and voice. The time goes by quicker than excepted, but it seems like the gods and goddesses are almost yelling at the young pharaoh to do it.

"Masika," Pharaoh Atem says, now getting seriously nervous, "there's something I would like to speak with you about."

She notices how nervous he is getting at and its making her nervous. "What is it, Atem?" Masika asked softly.

"Ever since we were children, I knew that there were something between us," he begins, feeling the words coming out. "And that feeling grew over the years." His heart skips a beat. "I didn't care that you were in a lower class as I am, but I knew that you are the only that I am meant to be with for the rest of my life. We already experienced so many challenges through our life together, even before the past year." At this point, his nerves are really getting to him, causing his body begin to shake. Pharaoh Atem stops for a moment to take a breath to ease his nerves. "What I am trying to say is that I am in love with you ever since the very beginning and if you allow me to, I want you to be my side for the rest of my life." Masika gasps in shock, knowing what's going on. "Masika," he stands from his seat and kneels at her side. Her hands lift up to her teary face. Pharaoh Atem pulls out something in his hands, "will you marry me? Will you become my queen?" he asked with a smile and happy tears in his eyes.

The ring is golden with an engraved message, saying, "Queen Masika of Eygpt".

"Yes," she smiles happily with happy tears running down her cheeks.

He smiles big, standing up to place the ring on her finger.

"Atem!" Masika grins, standing up on her feet and kiss him with all of her love which he happily accepts.