EPISODE 8

SCARS TO HEAL

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 8

I was agitated....enraged....my blood boiling in my veins as I read the content over and over again.

How dare him!

Who could have thought that he's just...

Shit! I hated myself for making someone like him fool me. I wish I had known earlier. God! I felt so stupid. Who could have thought out of all the men in the world, I could deem so low and allow someone like him to easily crawl under my skin.

Him!

I shake my head in disbelief as I suddenly feel so hot. I made for the water dispenser gulping down two cups of water down my throat.

He must be happy seeing me make a fool of myself in front of him. Gosh! I slapped my forehead trying to erase his memory that seemed to tattoo inside my head. His smirks, his chuckles, his intense gaze while watching me make a fool of myself. I felt so embarrassed and I wish the ground would just open and swallow me

I walked back to my desk and sat down covering my face with my palms. I can't just believe it. I decided to bury myself in work because I know that's the only thing that can take my mind away from it. I looked down at my desk to be greeted by a load of files I haven't noticed since I entered my office.

I rolled my eyes as I wondered how they got there then I remembered I didn't lock my office which means that arrogant bastard must have entered my office without my permission. God! I suddenly feel unsafe. More reason why I want his sack. I don't want someone like him as my employee.

Isn't it suspicious?

Why did he opt for the post of secretary when he has that kind of certificate?

He studied in one of the most popular and prestigious colleges in the United States not only he graduate in first-class as the No. 1 to earn such distinction in his department. With such intelligence, why does it have to be the post of a secretary? Is there something my boss isn't telling me? Why does he have to be placed under me of all people?

If I didn't know my boss, I would have thought he was his son but my boss only birthed three beautiful girls with his legal wife and I don't think he had any illegitimate son outside.

Well..men are not to be trusted. Wait, is that why this guy is so confident and not fazed by me?  but if so, he doesn't look like my boss at all. Maybe he looks like his mother. Is that why his name is discreet? I can't find his surname or anything. There's no way he's bearing Sugar. That must be a nickname. I  think I need to ask my boss again who this guy is and he better be telling me the truth.

I was about to stand on my feet when I heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in".

"Ma'am" I shoot my head up at the familiar voice. He's the one again.

"Yes! What do you want? " I ask angrily.

He walked in staring at me as if waiting for me to explode again. I am not going to give him that satisfaction. I ignore him and act as if I was going through the files in front of me.

" I was told to deliver these files to you," He said and gently placed the files on the desk.

He was looking down at something on the desk. What is he looking at?  I raised my head to see what he was looking at as I trace his stare.

Crap!

I realized he was staring at his file which was right in front of me. The corner of his mouth twitch as he fought off a smile that would make him appear more childlike instead of professional as our eyes met.