Elegance

The plane landed at exactly 6:00pm as it was supposed to. I was exhausted from the night layover and was not enjoying the heat in Punta Cana. My family grabbed their bags, and we all headed together towards the shuttle for our resort. "Mom, I think we forgot to pack that bug spray," my sister Jessica shouted. She had turned 13 a month before our vacation, and I was turning 15 on vacation. I didn't know what to expect on our holiday because I had never done an all inclusive vacation before. My parents had told me about how awesome these resorts were and that alcohol was free if you were over 18. Big whoop for me. We sat on the hotel shuttle, sweaty and tired but we were in nicer weather than back at home in New York City. The drive was 20 minutes of trees and grass out the window, but no Palm trees. I had on my beats headphones and was playing solitaire on my phone. Looked like a great start of a vacation for me.

We pulled up to the hotel, and were greeted by many people saying 'Hola!' and a sign saying, 'Hello gorgeous group!"
"Hey Ashlyn, that sign is so true! We are a gorgeous group!"
"Yeah mom," I said, while rolling my eyes. She loved telling me that I was beautiful but I didn't always listen. She always would tell me that I needed to fix my posture, and style my hair more often because I would not attract cute boys otherwise. We walked to the check in desk where a man gave us our room keys and towel cards. I was the only person who seemed to be paying any attention to what the man was telling us. We began walking towards guest services to book dinner reservations for my birthday, when we were stopped by a lady carrying a tray of drinks. She handed us all a drink and all she said was, "Majestic". We thought that was probably what the drink was called but in the Dominican, they speak Spanish. It turned out to be a drink that contained orange juice, grenadine, and coconut juice made into a slush that also was supposed to contain rum. Neither of my parents liked rum and we weren't allowed to drink alcohol since we were under 18. The drink was an orange colour and was really good, considering I wasn't a fan of coconut. We dropped our bags off in our room, and then headed to the dinner buffet at the Supremo restaurant. We were all hungry, but my sister and I wanted to jump in the pool really badly. The pool had closed at 6:00 though, so we couldn't go after dinner. We walked into the restaurant, greeted by workers with hand sanitizer bottles, and were escorted to a table. I wandered around the buffet for twenty minutes, just deciding what to have for dinner. I settled on pizza, and pasta. After I devoured my food, I took the same route looking for desserts. I saw so many cute boys around my age at the buffet, but none were "Mr. Dreamy". Ice cream had caught my eye from the back corner of the room, so I ran to the station. "Excusè moi. Do you know which is ze chocolaté?" A boy around my age with brown hair, and brown eyes said to me.
"Um. I think that one is the chocolate, and that one is the caramel," I said in return. He nodded "thanks" and walked away.
"He must be from France," I thought aloud. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to be friendly.

We saw people going for dinner from between 6 and 9, and it seemed like a routine for everyone in the hotel to go for dinner and then go to bed, or see the 9:30 show. We had an earlier dinner, so we wandered around the hotel property until the show began. We looked through gift shops with mostly overpriced key chains, and some bracelets too. The gift shops also contained lots of alcohol that you had to pay for. Why do people actually buy alcohol in a gift shop when you could get as much of it as you wanted at any of the bars around the resort for free? I had no idea. We found the casino, the sports bar, the "manglar" which was a mangrove in English, and about 4 cats that were just wandering aimlessly around the resort. After we were done that, we walked to the theatre and watched their show. It was a couples show where 4 couples went onstage and played dirty with each other by popping balloons on each others laps, and sticking a coin up their butts, and then walking with it. They call that entertainment these days. The show ended, and we were tired from our travels. We went back to our room. Number 2208. We had no idea what this trip had in store for us.

😊 this story has some real situations that can and may have actually happened. I hope you connect to Ashlyn as much as I do! Hope you enjoy! 😊