The Car Ride

WILLS POV:

We just left Suzie's. God, there's a long road ahead of us. I look to my left. Mike. I see Jonathan nod to me in the mirror. Is this my time? "H-Hey Mike?" "Hm? What's up Will?" I think for a minute. "Are you okay?" I ask. I know he isn't, but I want to make him feel better. "Uhm, yeah." there's a tremble in his voice. I put my hand on his knee and then immediately take it away. Shit. Shit shit shit! why did I do that? "Are YOU okay?" he asks me and we sit in silence for a moment. I look at Jonathan again. He and Argyle are stoned out of their minds.  Am I ready to do this?

MIKES POV: 

I feel myself getting fidgety. Is he okay? Why won't he answer me? Fuck this. "Will, what's the matter." I put my hand on his knee now, the way he tried to on me only a few moments earlier. Butterflies. I don't know what's wrong with me. Why didn't I tell him El and I broke up. That's in the past. This is the future. I look at Argyle and Jonathan. Stoners. Good, maybe this gives me a chance. 

WILLS POV: 

"So uh, I um made you this painting." I hand him my painting, a butterfly feeling in my throat. "For.. Me?" Mike asks. Yes, you dumbass I'm so in love with you. I didn't say this, of course, but, I hope he gets the hint. I should've told him before Eleven. This timing is so shitty but I don't care. "Uhm, It's a painting, of the party. That's you, with the heart, um, and that's me, and that's Eleven, I hope you-" "Holy shit, did you make this?" he asks. I smile. "Yeah! I used acrylic paints um and well Eleven-" "You know that doesn't HAVE to be Eleven, right? That kinda looks like Dustin or something too. I'm in love with you. your painting i mean." I see Jonathan smirking in the mirror. Did he just mean what he said? He's, In love with me? That can't be true, right? "W-What?" I practically yelp. "I-I didn't mean-" Mike says, the sweat on his eyebrows gathering. "What happened to uh you and El?"  "We broke up, I was going to tell you um but right before she left I broke it off." my heart skips a beat. "Seriously?? Why?" I say way too happy. He smiles. 

MIKES POV:

Am I really doing this right now? I'm going to tell him that I like him even though he obviously doesn't like me back? I've started to cry now, which makes Will question everything. "I um, I think I like you, I know you obviously won't like me back because well for one, I'm a guy and-" "Mike, Shut up." I knew this would end badly. "You're clueless if you didn't think I liked you." I was wrong, and well, now we're both crying. "Really?" I ask. "Yes, Mike everyone sees it but you. I've loved you since that day on the playground. When everyone called me the meanest things, you protected me. When you dated El, my heart stopped. It broke. But, that didn't change how I felt. I've known I was gay since I was little, but I never thought you'd like me back because of Eleven." I breathe heavily, "I can't believe that. Oh my god, I'm so sorry." "Mike, it's okay." Will says and holds my hand. "I'm trying to figure out who I am because I know I loved el once but now I think I love you and-" I say before Will cuts me off. "Mike, that's okay, we'll get through this together."Jonathan and Argyle stare at us, excited. (and stoned) I lay my head on his shoulder, and we don't move until we get to NINA. 

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hello everyone!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry if it was long and sorry if Mike didn't sound like himself I was more so going for younger Mike :)

Make sure to follow me and save this + send to your friends!! I'm not sure when I'll update, but ASAP! Thank you all!