Chapter 19

Meruem had started his hunt for the remaining enemies as Pouf flew over him. He didn't feel right at all. He was covered in sweat... He was afraid.

'Pitou... Pitou... Where are you!? Pitou!' He yelled to himself and his stopped and leaned forward as he gagged, hand over mouth and chest as blue blood had stained his hand, running down to his chin. He was confused and shocked. He was afraid and sick? Blood also came out of his nose. He was panicing so much. Everything confused the Royal Guard. 'Th-This is... What is happening? What's wrong with me!?' Meruem caught onto this and looked behind him, to look up at Pouf who was still. Luckily, Pouf had wiped it away before he could see the blood.

"Pouf?" They stared at each other for a moment until Pouf gave a stern look.

"Is something wrong, Lord Meruem?" Pouf wiped his hand on the back of his pants to remove the blood. "Sire, I hope you'd have a chance to reconsider. And if you have... Then we must evacute." The King just looked at Pouf, noticing how defeated he look. He knew exactly what was happening. "Sire?"

'He knows that I can see right through him, yet he's still refuses to divulge his secret.' He told himself and looked forward. "Very well. All that's left to do is for me to locate and capture all of the remaining intruders. Your secret intrigues me, and I intend to know it soon enough. You still intend to me, don't you? I would strongly advise against you changing your mind."

"I will keep my word, Sire. Even if it costs me my life."

"Wise answer." Meruem started to walk again and stopped to activate his En which took seconds to spread over the area.

'He's already using the final En search he's been permitted!'

'I can see everything. I can see all that has changed sinec the first time I have used En. Footprints that weren't there before, an abandoned vehicle, Youpi's corpse, a door that's been opened, amd someone who reacts to my En.' As soon Meruem noticed this, he was gone and already right near Welfin.

The Wolf Chimera looked over and was in pure and utter shock.

"Someone has killed Youpi. Was it you?" Meruem asked, staring at Welfin who was sweating and gripping the crutches with his life.

"No, Sire! Absolutely not! I'm just a lowly Squadron Leader! I respected Sir Youpi, and I had no reason to kill him! We were just talking, and then suddenly Sir Youpi coughed up blood, doubled over in pain then he died! That's all that happened! You just gotta believe me, Sire!" Welfin yelled in defense, his fur definately soaked from sweat. 'I'm not lying. I mean, sure, I did shoot Youpi, but then... Before he can even answer my question, before my Black Centipedes even had a chance to hatch, he was dead.' Welfin then spoke again. "I think before Sir Youpi ran into me, someone else attacked him, and he died of those injuries! And that's why I came here! I wanted to find out if any intruders! They might be hiding in the crowd somewhere!" That was when Pouf landed on the other side of Meruem as they both now looked at each other. 'Argh, the Royal Guard, Pouf! Oh, he's trouble. I'm pretty sure he has the ability to read my mind.'

'Welfin is a serious threat to my carefully laid plans. I have no clue what he might tell the King! Simply asking him to keep quiet would be too lenient. I should eliminate him immediately! I should accuse him of disloyalty and execute him! In any case, I must get him away from the King.'  Pouf started to walk forward. "Lord Meruem, Welfin is-"

"I already know what you're about to say." Pouf gasped. "I can now sense the emotions of everyone who my En has touched. And his hostility towards me is quite extraordinary."

'That's... Incredible!'

"In the exact moment someone has been exposed to my En, I become able to see into their heart." Meruem took a few steps towards Welfin.