(Ch:2) Saiki-kun? Are you.. Okay?

After that awkward moment in the library isle, Kusuo sat at one of the wooden tables, the Padded Chairs were less comfortable than he had remembered. The few books both had picked out were heavy. They were just resting a few inches away from the blank paper sheet Kusuo had in front of him. Shun was directly across the table, which wasn't really far away, considering that the tables barely were barely the size of a normal desk. "so.. Uh.. Kaidou-kun.." Kusuo was really nervous. He didn't want to speak at all, knowing that once he said something, he can't take it back. "Yes, Saiki-kun?" Shun's eyes flicked up to stare at the Pink haired boy who was still not doing anything. He remembered he couldn't use his powers, so he sat there, not knowing how to do the presentation for tomorrow. "did you forget your pens? You look like a lost puppy.." The sky-Blue haired male spoke as he wrote down the last word about the population of Japan. You see, they split up the work so that Kusuo would spend time in looking through the colonization of Japan, and whatnot, while Shun would simply do the origins of Japan including the people there.

"actually.. Uh.. Nevermind.." Kusuo regretted now to have spoken to the Chunnibyou, his hands roaming over the desk to grab a pen, and a random book.

"Saiki-kun? Are you.. okay? You're holding your book backwards.." Shun reached out to flip the book around, raising a brow in confusion as to why the male in front of him was so.. Confused? Was that the word that would describe him? Probably, because Kusuo was slowly trying to get used to a human lifestyle. "good grief.. Already up to a good start.." the ex-psychic placed the hand in which he held his pen over his eyes, embarrassed already over what just had happened.

"hey guys!" A sudden loud, and ear piercing noise came from a certain direction, thus, scaring Kusuo severely. He made a noise of despair again, covering his head as if the roof was about to collapse. "huh? Did I do something wrong?"

That voice belonged to Kokomi Teruhashi, the popular girl. She seemed to be worried about Kusuo, but originally she came to the library to return the books she had been using. "Saiki-kun is not feeling well apparently.. His face is all red and he keeps stuttering.." said shun, his hands now going for the next book to read over the Summary of the books. Kusuo started to rise from his protective pose, looking up at the blue haired girl to see what she was up to. The weird cocktail of emotions that he felt earlier in that aisle didn't seem to be present when he looked at her, even though she was really pretty. Perhaps her rotten personality was so burned into his mind that he subconsciously started to despise her, just like how a bullied child would hate their bullies even if they're super pretty or popular. Kokomi could see Kusuos expression, his face showing a mix of confusion, pain, and fear. "he really looks sick.. Maybe it would be the best to send him home. Don't you t-"

"NO!!...... no.. I'm perfectly fine. I just.. I'm tired! Yes. That.." Kusuo felt so out of character at that point. He was afraid. Afraid of the people around him. Humans truly were scary In so many fucked up ways.

"just don't overwork yourself. Better be safe than sorry." said Kokomi, following her usual 'standards'. She tried to be perfect, and she truly was, but her inner self was so dark, that Kusuo already knew that she was probably having other things in mind. The female waved with a smile as she strutted away from them towards the exit, and Kusuo started to have a small panic attack. He wanted to know what Kokomi thought, and what shun thought of her. Wait. Why did he even care about what shun thought of the popular girl?

"Saiki-kun... If you'd like... We could borrow these books and study at your house instead.. Or at mine, but it would be logical to be at your place so that you can rest there right away.."

Kusuo started to think about it a little, before he slowly nodded after a while. "But.. But.. My library card expired a few days ago.. So you have to borrow them with your card.."