March, 1986

"Okay, what did you say his name was?" Robin asked as they entered Family Video. Ziggy leaned her arm on the counter next to her, looking at her from over her shoulder. They had given Ziggy a brief, vague rundown of the situation, leaving out the supernatural parts. She told them about Reefer Rick on the one condition that she goes with them.
"He went by Reefer Rick, but I'm pretty sure his name really is Rick."
"You're not totally sure?" Robin asked.
"No, not one hundred percent but definitely in the upper quarter. He used to crash at his place sometimes."
"What about a last name?" Dustin asked.
"I don't know." Ziggy said, looking at him like he was crazy.
"I bet the cops know the last name." Steve mumbled as he sorted tapes.
"What?" Max asked, just as confused as the rest of them.
"The cops. I mean, listen, if this 'Reefer Rick' is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. That means he's in the system." Steve turned to lean on the counter to look at the group. Ziggy frowned at him in confusion as she pushed off her own end of the counter to turn and face him.
"The cops? Really, Steve? That's your suggestion?" Dustin asked, standing up as well.
"I mean, I just think at this point they should be filled in on what we know. What's goin on."
"You really think Eddie's guilty?" Dustin asked the older boy, leaning in closer. Ziggy scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.
"Woah woah woah, I believe in 'innocent unless proven guilty' and all that constitutional shit. I just, ya know, don't think we can rule it out"
"First of all, we most certainly can rule it out. It's Eddie, for fucks sake." Ziggy threw her hands in the air in annoyance as she stepped closer to the pair of boys.
"Second of all, that's exactly what we're trying to do here; rule it out. We wouldn't be looking for him if we thought there was even a chance he was a psychotic murderer. He's innocent, we just need to hear his side." Dustin pointed back at Ziggy in appreciation before going on his own spiel.
"And maybe we'd have a little more luck at it if you weren't so busy looking for a girlfriend rather than Eddie."
"Well somebody has to tend to the customers!"
"Especially if they're babes, right?" Robin winked.
"Hey, not fair. I tend to all the customers equally; babes and non-babes alike. We've got a very big selection in here, okay? It can be super overwhelming for some people."
"Yeah, it can be." Robin heaved as she turned on her heel. She plopped down in her seat in front of the computer, Ziggy leaning over her shoulder.
"What're you doing?"
"Maybe we don't need a last name." Robin quickly logged into the computer and typed in his name, finding twelve accounts.
"That's a lot of Ricks." Ziggy mumbled.
"So, let's narrow it down. Rick Oldermans rentals are Annie and Dumbo. What are the chances a drug dealer has a family?"
"Not likely."
"Definitely not" Ziggy piped up.
"Rick Conroy: Sixteen Candles, Teen Wolf, and Romance In The Stones?"
"No."
"Rick Joyner: Mask, Footloose, and Greese?"
"Nah."
"Rick Kimbrough; The Blue Lagoon and Splash?" They all laughed in dismissal.
"Rick Lipton: Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Cheech and Chong's next movie, Cheech and Chong's Nice Dreams, Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke."
"Bingo." Dustin chuckled while Steve threw his hands up in victory.
"Lipton?"
"Spelled like the tea. 2121 Holland road." Robin smiled. Ziggy pushed off the counter, wanting to head his way as soon as possible.
"That's out by lovers lake." Dustin muttered.
"In the middle of nowhere." Max observed.
"It's the perfect place to hide." Robin smiled proudly, happy with her work.
"So, your car or mine?" Ziggy asked Steve. Steve looked at her blankly for a moment, hoping someone else would jump in to do the dirty work.
"You're not coming with us." Ziggy's face dropped from an anticipated grin to a tight scowl.
"Bullshit. We had a deal, Harrington. You said if I told you what I knew, you'd take me with you." Ziggy took a step forward towards the boy, hoping to intimidate him.
"Well, I lied. You can't come."
"Why the hell not?"
"Because I said so. Go home, Ziggy."
"Okay fine. I'll go home and sit my happy ass on my couch until the cops show up. Then I'll tell them all about you guys coming to me first and harboring his fugitive ass at 2121 Holland Road." Ziggy didn't dare to blink as she looked up at Steve.
"You wouldn't sell Eddie out like that."
"We haven't talked in nearly a year. Didn't leave off on good terms." Steve glared down at Ziggy. She was beginning to get on his nerves.
"Tough breakup?"
"Fuck off." Steve rolled his eyes before glancing at Robin seeing a thoughtful look on her face. He furrowed his brows, silently asking her to share.
"How bad?" Robin asked Ziggy.
"I'm sorry?"
"You said that you left off on bad terms? How bad?"
"Well, maybe not bad. Just not good. I mean, it wasn't the type of bad where you hate each other it was more like, you know, you hope that you don't see each other in public. We don't dislike each other- at least I don't think he hates me? Last time I checked that definitely wasn-"
"Is he gonna be pissed to see you, or not." Max cut off her painful rambling. Ziggy's eyes looked up as if she was searching her brain as her fingers fiddled with one another before shaking her head and looking back at the girl.
"If he's anything like he was back then, any familiar face would be helpful."
Dustin hurriedly stepped forward, easing the tension.
"Despite the fact that Ziggy would definitely never do that, she's right. We had a deal. Besides, she's probably gonna go whether we take her with us or not, so we might as well bring her."
"Fine! Let's go." He barked, rushing to the door.