01

Disappear

»»————- .⋅ ✯ ⋅. ————-««

Ben walks out of his room after not leaving since dinner. He starts walking toward the kitchen, planning to get a snack. Dustin walks inside. He was at Mike's playing D&D for hours.

"Hey, little dude. How was your game?" Ben asked Dustin. 

"It was fun," Dustin responds, smiling. 

"Good...Now go to bed." Dustin's smile drops. 

"Come on, can't I stay up a little longer?" 

Ben chuckles. "No." 

"Please," Dustin was using his puppy dog eyes. Ben sighs and rolls his eyes. 

"Fine, but if you tell Mom, you're dead." Dustin's face lights up. He hugs Ben.

"Thanks, you're the best!" Dustin runs to his room. Ben quietly laughs.

Ben walks into the kitchen. He looks through the cabinets and grabs something to eat. He goes back to his room. He eats his snack and falls asleep.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

In the morning, Ben gets out of bed and walks into the kitchen. He throws together a quick breakfast for both him and Dustin. They both sit down. Their mom, Claudia, wakes up. "Good morning, boys," Claudia says as she walks into the kitchen. 

"Morning," both boys say in unison. Claudia sits down after grabbing some breakfast. They all talk while they eat.

After a bit, Dustin stands up. "Bye, Mom. I've gotta get to school. He grabs his backpack and starts walking toward the door. 

"Goodbye, Dusty. Have a good day," Claudia says. 

"I will!" Dustin yells while walking out the door. Ben chuckles as he stands up. Ben grabs the plates off the table and walks into the kitchen. He cleans them and then grabs his backpack.

"I've gotta go too. I'll see you later," Ben says as he makes his way toward the door.

"Okay. I'll see you later. Have a good day," Claudia says. 

"I will," Ben walks out the door. He gets in his car and drives to school.

When Ben gets to school, he parks his car and walks toward the school. He walks in and sees two familiar faces, Barb and Nancy. He starts walking toward them when he sees Nancy walk away. She's going to see Steve the douche. Ben walks up to Barb.

"Hey," Ben says. 

"Hi," Barb smiles as she responds. 

"She going to with Steve?" 

"Yeah," Barb doesn't seem thrilled. 

"Figured. Steve's been a real dick for a while, but especially recently." Barb seems relieved by his words. 

"So it's not just me?" 

"Nope." 

Barb smiles, relieved. "It's good to know it's not just me." The bell rings. 

"Damn, I have to go. I'll talk to you later," Ben says while backing up. Barb nods. They both go in opposite directions. Ben hurries to his next class. Ben goes through the school day, unaware his brother's friend is missing.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Ben drives home after school is over. He sits in the living room and watches TV. It's quiet for a while because his mom is at work and Dustin isn't home from school yet. Eventually, Dustin comes home.

"Hey, welcome home," Ben says as his eyes shift to look at Dustin. Dustin seems worried and upset. "You okay?" 

"Will's missing," Dustin says as he walks to sit down in the living room. 

"What?" Ben is worried now. 

"He didn't come home last night," Dustin sits down. 

"That's not like him." 

"I know! The chief told us not to look for him." 

The chief has a point, but Ben isn't sure if he'll listen to the point. "It'll be okay. We'll find him." Dustin nods slightly. Ben gives him a reassuring smile.

»»————- ⋅. ✯ .⋅ ————-««