CHAPTER TWELVE

~*~
Episode Seven: Auf Wiedersehen

     Five and Ivy had gotten back to the hotel in the morning, going up to the White Buffalo suite where Pogo told them Project Oblivion was. They walked in to see Lila and Diego panicking while walking around the suite. 

     "What happened here?" Ivy asked as Lila rushed past her out of the room. 

     "Stanley got Kugelblitzed!" Diego shouted. 

     "Wow, okay, have either of you seen a secret door in here?" she asked, leaning out into the hallway to see Lila. 

     "On that wall right there," Diego said, pointing to it. "Now let us look for him!" Lila heard him, rushing back into the room as Ivy walked up next to Five. 

     "What the hell are you doing? Stanley is gone!" Lila shouted at Diego, who lifted up the mattress to see if he was there. "We need to face this!" 

     "Just check the chimney!" Diego yelled in response. 

     "He's not in the bloody chimney! He's been Kugelblitzed!" Lila shouted. 

     "Whose fault is that, huh? You're the one that brought him here!" Diego yelled at her. 

     "Congratulations. You're both mildly terrible parents," Five said, turning and looking at them. "Can we focus? Come on. How did this thing open before?" 

     "I don't know. It was already kinda open," Diego responded, bending down to the chimney and looking in. 

     "'Already kinda open,'" Five repeated with a nod. "Diego, you should have been an engineer. It's a lost opportunity." 

     "Why'd you wanna go in there anyway? It's just sushi and death," Lila snapped at him, now holding the slushie that Stanley was drinking before he got blitzed. 

     "When we met future me in the Commission bunker, I warned myself about Oblivion. Now, Pogo told me--" 

     "Wait, whoa, whoa! Pogo's alive?" Diego asked, walking up to him with wide eyes. 

     "Different Pogo, but yes," Five said, sounding irritated. "The monkey said Dad spent years training the Sparrows for some kind of super-secret mission into..." He trailed off, motioning to the door. 

     "Oblivion?" Lila asked. 

     "So, I come back here and find that you two sentient STDs have actually been in there. Everything's leading to Oblivion," Five said, walking to the door and shoving his hands in his pockets. "So we have to go in there." 

     "Hell no!" Diego yelled. 

     "No way!" Lila agreed. 

     "No. No." 

     "We barely got out of there alive."

     "Not happening!" 

     "Yeah? So what?" Five asked, the two going quiet. "This is about more than just you two."

     "Says the guy with all his fingers," Diego said, holding his hand up to them. "I didn't get this by giving a mummy a hand job, all right? I went in there, and I lost my fingers to this thing with... with a knife and on a chain." 

     "Aren't you supposed to be able to control knives?" Ivy asked, crossing her arms. 

     "Hey, look, Diego might be 90% moron and 10% pelvic thrusts, but he's right about Oblivion, okay? We're not just gonna waltz back in there just because you say so," Lila said, stepping forward for Diego.