1 - DOCTOR

You took the job partially out of desperation. You were strapped for cash and didn't have very many alternatives. The job paid well and you only had to work 8 hour night shifts.

You took the job partially because of a childhood dream. You'd grown up moving place to place, but somehow, no matter where you went there was always a local Freddy Fazbear's pizzeria.

Only one place had the real animatronics, of course, but you did get to meet them when you lived there. It was a dream come true for you, robots had been your lifelong passion. You even used to tell the employees you were gonna build another Foxy one day.

So you took the job. Given your career history in robotics and engineering, you were assigned animatronic maintenance.

That meant one-on-one doctor's appointments with each of the animatronics. That meant fixing DJMM's finger joints and kissing them better, cleaning the glitter glue out of Sundrop's wiring, brushing Roxy's hair and telling her how beautiful she is, and sharpening Monty's claws with an industrial hand-file.

Monty.

Montgomery Gator was special, like no other animatronic you'd seen. Your conversations with him were usually your favorite, like this one.

"I feel like I could eat a live rabbit." He huffed in a metallic voice with a Louisiana accent.

"You definitely could, but don't. I would have to clean your mouth and inner wirings of blood, fur, bones, and guts," You listed, "And I do not want to."

"Whaaaat," He smiled at you, "It's not that bad. Besides, I like it when you get your hands up inside me."

Your face turned visibly red as you finished brushing his hair. You'd cleaned the childrens' soda off of his scales and sharpened his claws, as well as brushing his teeth and running joint diagnostics.

"Alright, well that concludes your nightly maintenance, Mr. Gator!" You smiled before kissing his nose, "Please go get Freddy for me!"

Monty kissed your cheek and rushed off to find the bear. Despite his mouth being cold (freshly cleaned) metal, it made your face feel warm.

After a few minutes, Freddy came down the elevator and sat in the maintenance chair. You looked over his list. He needed his teeth cleaned, he was having an issue with his elbow joint locking up, and soda had been spilled on his ankle joint.

You cleaned and wiped his teeth, scrubbing off little bits of pizza. Then you gently removed the plates on his arm, giving you access to his endoskeleton.

There was gunk stuck in his joint, sticking between his joints and slowing down the movements. You weren't sure what it was, but you had to dismantle the joint entirely to remove it. After cleaning it out, you applied some lubricant and put everything back together.

The ankle joint was much simpler. You removed the plating around the area and sprayed it down with cleaner, let it sit for a moment, then rinsed it and essentially blow-dried it. After ensuring it was completely clean and dry, you put the plates back on and ran diagnostics.

"Alright! Looks like you're good to go, Fred-bear." You poked his nose gently, making a "boop!" sound.

"You are strange, miss L/n." His voice was metallic and you couldn't place his accent. It was soothing, though.

"But I bet I'm your favorite doctor?"

"You are not a doctor?"

"I'm pretty much the animatronic doctor. You guys are like my patients."

"But..." Freddy paused, thinking, "You are not a doctor?"

"It's okay, Fred-bear, I have a master's degree. I'm qualified."

"To be a doctor?"

"No, I — nevermind, Freddy," You laughed. You thought it was funny the way they were so... inhuman. Obviously they weren't people (it was one of your favorite things about them), but it was fun for you.

You loved sarcasm, God you loved sarcasm. Most of the animatronics had learned from you — you were a good teacher — but Freddy never seemed to fully grasp sarcasm, or very many jokes. It was adorable to you.

You sent him on his way and packed your tools. You mainly worked night shifts, occasionally covering day shifts or just stopping by the shows in case you were needed.

You didn't like people, never really did. People were fickle, they changed and lied and were impossible to figure out.

You loved robots, loved animatronics. They were simple, they were machines. You knew machines, and if you didn't, you could figure them out. Not people. So you loved your job.

You spent all day taking care of these precious robots, these amazing machines. Their software amazed you, the AI's had long developed their own awareness. Not to the extent of feeling trapped in their bodies, but about as much awareness as anyone had.

You brought your toolbag every time you visited the Pizzaplex. Your coworkers loved you because the animatronics loved you. The animatronics really cared about you because they knew how much you cared about them.

Since you had started working at the Pizzaplex, the animatronics had fewer system shutdowns, fewer malfunctions, and were much easier to handle.

If an animatronic was being difficult, all anyone had to do was bring you in. One day, DJMM simply wouldn't play. Nobody could figure out why as he refused to talk anyone.

After an hour of getting nowhere, Samantha called you and you immediately showed up. After talking to him for a couple minutes, the hour-long tantrum was over and he was fine for the rest of the day.

So yes, your bosses loved you, your coworkers loved you, and your animatronics loved you most of all. You were their doctor.