Chapter 8

◤                          ◥"𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞"◣                          ◢

"𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞"

"We're here, love."

I looked up to find us approaching the earth once again. We were in a simple countryside with a forest off in the distance and a dusty dirt path leading to one singular little cottage at the end.

Lindel hopped off Paulina first, extending his arm out to me. I was about to hop off too when he insisted on helping me down— since he was still concerned about my healing legs. I begrudgingly obliged when he was clearly not backing down, letting him carry me down bridal style until my feet touched the floor. His expression reminded me of one of a smug cat when I let him.

I walked ahead, admiring the simple scenery and cool breeze that blew through the countryside. Finally approaching the door, I noticed a beautiful black colored rose growing in the flowerbed. I knelt down, intrigued by its rare dark nature.

"Emilie, don't touch that—"

"Oh? The princess has returned."

Before I was even able to speak, the dark hues of the rose suddenly grew before me and morphed into a large shadow. That shadow suddenly enveloped me, surrounding me like a tornado.

"Emilie!!"

Wh-what—

I could feel the temperature dropping drastically around me, yet I didn't feel in danger. Not the slightest bit. This almost felt.. nostalgic in some way?

"Damnit you stupid Reindeer, let her go," I heard Anson growl from outside the shadows.

"ELIAS!"

Suddenly, all the shadows ceased to move. The temperature stopped decreasing and I could see everyone staring at me. Anson looked pissed, Lindel looked a little annoyed, and that girl with the red hair—

Wait, who's she? Is this Chise?

"Elias!" the girl shouted, "that's not how you treat guests! Especially friends! She's a Princess for goodness sake!"

I looked back at the 'shadow' and realized it had once again morphed into a tall skeleton-faced man in a black mage's cloak.

"Right, forgive me Chise. I suppose this is what you'd call being excited," Elias replied blatantly, "though I do suppose this is revenge for when Lindel grabbed you back in the Dragons' Aerie."