Chapter 1 ~ A Proposal

((A/N: Hey guys! This might be kinda a slow progression of a relationship between the reader... or YOU and Iida. I got this idea from the audiobook 'The Stand-In' by Lily Chu. It's actually a really good story and you can get it on Audible. I haven't actually finished listening to it yet, but I'm very excited to see what happens next! Also, the idea of the Quirk [Y/N] has was made by another person. I have no idea if they want me to give credit or not, but if they do, their name will be put here.  Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this story and, well, happy reading!))

I never really had that interesting of a life. I was like the average person, with an average job and never had anything interesting going on in my life. Yeah, I live in a super human society where about 80% of the population has some power (referred to as a Quirk), but that's been a normal thing for years. My Quirk isn't even that cool. It's called 'A pound of flesh'. I can basically control any type of "meat", dead or alive, but only a pound at a time. It's definitely not something that I can use for a hero.

But for now, I was just gonna have to live with it. "Hey, are you enjoying the party?" my friend, Ari asked. I looked up from the spider ring I had been fiddling with.

"Yeah, it's pretty fun," I said, a bit of disbelief in my voice. "But, it's not even near Halloween, why are you throwing a costume party?"

"Okay, first of all, it's a cosplay party, not a costume party, and second of all, it's just for fun, do not rain on my parade."

"Well, isn't it kinda weird to just throw a party 'just for fun'?"

"Hey, you were the one that chose to come." There was a long bit of silence between us. "By the way, I'm loving your Momo Yaoyorozu cosplay, you look just like her." I smiled a bit.

"Really?" I asked. She nodded. "Well, that would explain why someone stopped me for a picture on my way over here." We both started laughing.

"Wait, someone actually asked you for a picture?!"

"Yeah and another time when I wore this to work for our Halloween party, some photographer took a photo of me!"

"I remember that, I was so confused and was gonna be like, 'Why was Creati walking into [Y/N]'s workplace?'."

Truthfully, Momo Yaoyorozu is one of my personal favorite heroes. She was always just so... brave. She's gotten quite a bit of fame since she became a hero. So much so that she had been in 6 movies (including a documentary of herself) and 11 different TV shows. I think that she was featured in one of the Marble movies... I think Protectors of the Universe. But to my point, she was one of the most famous heroes in our country. She's not the number 1 hero, but she's somewhere up there. And her Quirk always seemed pretty cool. It's called 'Creation' and it allows her to create any non-living object or material as long as she knows the molecular structure of whatever she's making. I guess that she transforms her lipids and fat cells into her creations, meaning that she actually needs calories to use her Quirk.

I actually knew her before she was even an actual hero. I was going to try and become a hero, but failed the entrance exam. Which meant that I had to find a different career. I mean, it was fine, it made sense, but hey, at least I won't die– actually, with villains being everywhere, I can still die, but still.

"Well, I should probably get going," I said after a little while, swinging my mini backpack over my shoulders.

"Alright, do you want me to drive you home?" Ari asked. "I can take a bit of time to do that."

"No, it's okay," I replied, waving my hands up in front of me. "I'll be fine." She shrugged.

"Okay, if you say so."