Chapter 2 - Arrival

As I was lounging around at home that night, I felt like I was in a dream. I look exactly like Momo Yaoyorozu when I cosplay, so much so that people actually thought I was her? Seriously?! Imagine if I and Yaoyorozu were to somehow get so famous one day that I would finally be able to open up about this whole thing (without hurting anyones' reputation)? Would anyone believe me? Well, probably, but... just wait until I wake up.

—------------------------------------------------------------

The next day came around and I was up before dawn, because of both excitement and worry. I was worried that I would mess something up, but I was also so excited to be Momo Yaoyorozu's double.

I had to pack up a few changes of clothes for this whole thing, so I made sure to do that (in record time too!). And it became very apparent to me that it wasn't all a dream when I received a text saying, "We're here" from an unknown number.

I looked outside and sure enough, there was a black Mercedes-Benz in front of my home. This definitely looked like something someone working for a famous person would drive. Or an FBI agent wanting to murder me. Either way, something crazy will happen when I get into that car.

The drive to where I needed to go wasn't that interesting. The driver introduced herself as 'Akahana' and she did occasionally talk to me, asking me stuff like, "Where do you work?" and my absolute favorite, "How much do you get paid?" I just nodded my way through the interview (that's basically what it was) until we got to the place, which was apparently some luxurious mansion. When we were driving, I saw a lot of places here in Musutafu that I didn't even know existed, so seeing this place surprised me a bit. We only have apartments and small houses on my side of the city, so seeing some place like this was insane. I got out of the car and stared up at the building, my mouth slightly agape. It was such a HUGE building!

And the inside was even more insane. I spotted at least 1 million yen ($7,276) worth of stuff. A door then opened. "I see that you are here," the sweet voice of Yaoyorozu echoed off of the walls and tall ceiling. She entered the room, wearing the nicest shirt and jeans I had ever seen. "Welcome to my home, I'll show you to your room." Some guy took the suitcase that I was dragging behind me. "Oh, this is Daisuke, by the way." The short man gave me a small smile and nod as he started following Yaoyorozu with my suitcase to where I was going to be staying.

When we got to the room, I was amazed. There was a king-sized bed with a [F/C] comforter and matching pillows. There were nightstands on either side and a TV near the front of the room. On the other side of the room, there was the largest window I had ever seen that overlooked the city. This place honestly looked like a hotel room that I would stay in for some V.I.P. tour. "I hope that this isn't too much, I can get you a different room if you'd like," Yaoyorozu said to me. I turned back to her, my eyes wide and my expression shocked.

"Are you kidding? I love this!" I exclaimed. She smiled a bit.

"I'm glad that you do," she replied. "Also, Tenya Iida is going to be coming by for a little bit so you two can get to know each other a bit. If this is going to be a deal, I figured that it'd be a good idea for you two to know each other as more than just coworkers. Considering that we're seen together most of the time, that means that when you're posing as me, you'll be with him a lot."

"Yeah, I was going to ask about that. Why are you two always together?"

"Well, after the first two movies that we were in together, we became pretty good friends, considering that both times, we were lead roles."

I guess that made sense. I mean, I remember those two movies. In the first one, Yaoyorozu played a detective named Lee and Iida was her sidekick, a guy named Karter. That movie was about 2 hours long and took about a year to film, so that would be about a year of them acting together. The next one was about some waitress named Amaya (played by Yaoyorozu) who worked at a small cafe in Tokyo and this regular named Haruto (played by Iida), which took about 6 months to film. After a year and a half of acting together, I can see how it'd be almost impossible for a friendship to bloom between them.

Before Iida got there, I figured that I should probably take a shower and put on a change of clothes that wasn't just a tracksuit. I kinda wanted to change into sweats, but figured that it'd probably be better if I wore something just a bit more formal.

I took the shower, noting how nice the shampoo that was provided smelt. Once I got out and dried my hair, I changed into a t-shirt that said, "It's a good day" on the front and some leggings that weren't torn. After that was all finished, I walked outside of my room. I could hear talking coming from downstairs and one of them, I recognized as Iida.

When I walked downstairs and into the living room, sure enough, Iida was there. He and Yaoyorozu were lightly chatting, Iida on the couch and Yaoyorozu on one of the plush chairs, and I honestly felt like I was going to be interrupting. But I was glad when both of them noticed that I was standing there. "Ah, hello [Y/N]," said Yaoyorozu with a smile. I gave a small wave and awkwardly stood there. "Please, sit down." Iida was at the end of the couch and there surprisingly weren't a lot of other places to sit, so I ended up sitting at the other end.

"So, I figured that I'd let you know about this before it's too late, but apparently there's this get-together with a bunch of other heroes going on tonight and I need to attend," Yaoyorozu explained. "However, I thought that you could attend for the first time, since this will be good practice for you." This rose panic inside of me. What if someone asks me a question that I don't know the answer to? What if I don't get her personality correct? If they're other heroes, that means that they should know her pretty well. They'll be able to tell that it's not her!

"Wait, which heroes, exactly?" I asked.

"Ummmm, people like Earphone Jack, Uraravity, Chargebolt, our teacher that we had, Eraserhead, I think that it's going to be pretty much everyone I attended UA with, so all of Class 1-A... yeah."

"Won't they know it's not you? Even just by the voice, they'll be able to tell immediately."

"Give me your best impression of... well, me."

"Okay... um, hi, I'm Momo Yaoyorozu," I said in a voice that was nearly on-point. She stared at me with wide eyes. Iida looked at me, amazed.

"Woah... I've heard people do your voice before, but never this well," he said to Yaoyorozu.

"I don't think that you're going to have a problem," Yaoyorozu smiled.

"Well, thank you for telling me that, but what if they ask me personal questions? Like of experiences you all had during your time in school?" I asked.

"I've got you covered," Iida assured me. He said it in a way that I couldn't tell if it was comforting or anger.

"They're going to be doing these little get-togethers on the last Friday of every month, so I'll be sure to tell you all about certain events and key topics, okay?" I smiled a bit.

"Thanks Yaoyorozu," I said in a grateful tone.

"Please, call me Momo. I want you to feel as comfortable as you can be here."

—------------------------------------------------------------