Chapter 1: The Dilemma of a God

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Trash of the Count's family/Lout of the Count's family does not belong to me. I am merely writing fanfiction, inspired by some others I have seen, with my own writing style and ideas. Any resemblance to actual books, novels, series, etc (except Trash of the Count's family and Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint) is completely coincidental.

The Author is always open to comments and feedback, so please speak your mind! <3

=======================================================

★彡 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟖:𝟑𝟎 𝐀𝐌, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐃 彡★

Let it be known, that Cale Henituse had officially decided to murder a God.

Specifically, the God of Death who was currently floating in front of his face with an apologetic expression. From the corner of his eyes, he could see some other Gods as well, however, he decided that the main culprit, as always, must be the god in front of him.

"Don't glare at me like that child..."

Cale scoffed. Not glare at him? Then what was he supposed to do? Thank him? He was absolutely fine recovering in his house, surrounded by his family, after finally defeating the White Star, and this bastard of a god had brought him to the dream realm again. He had only rested for five years damn it!

So no, Cale would not stop glaring.

"Why am I here?" Cale managed to grit out. If the gods gave him another assignment or another world to save, he swore on his family, that he would not stop the crazy thunderbolt from wreaking havoc. (Or perhaps the team of dragons)

"Calm down first..." The GoD was just asking to disappear now.

Cale took a deep breath and decided to follow for now. "What do you want now you shitty god?"

The GoD had the audacity to sigh. Cale was reaching the end of his patience.

The Sun God clicked her tongue, "Will you tell him already?"

The GoD sighed and began explaining, "Cale Henituse, as you know, you were sent here by... me." Cale paused his plans of committing arson and brought his attention back to what the GoD was saying. "In the Mortal world, you would be termed the child loved by the gods. Just like you, on Earth 53 there is another child loved by the gods. However, his end was not as peaceful as yours. He ended up becoming the oldest dream and was forgotten by all his comrades."

Cale drew in a sharp breath and wondered for a second what it would be like if his family forgot he ever existed. Would he be able to keep his sanity? He supposed not. His family was the only thing keeping him sane, after all.

The GoD continued, "The constellations, or gods, were greatly saddened by such a fate. Even though he became a god himself, it was a lonely fate. We want you to help him."

And there it was. After the sob story came the work. Cale wanted to groan. What did it have to do with him? He only wanted to be a rich slacker! Was that truly too much to ask?

"I swear you will get your slacker life after this, child. However, unlike your world, constellations cannot interfere directly with the other world. They can merely view it and support their chosen human, or incarnation."

Cale thought about it for a few minutes, then spoke, "What do I get out of it?"

The God of War chuckled. The GoD sighed, "I will take care of everything, your family will get the gods' protection for the rest of their life, and I will give you as much money as you wish."

"Increase my strength too."

"Fine."

"Alright." Cale smiled. He supposed eternal protection from gods and as much money as he wished wasn't a bad deal. Furthermore, the God of Death had promised him his slacker life after this. If he broke it, he supposed he could always go through with his plan to kill a God.