𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

On your very first day at Medical School they have you recite the Hippocratic Oath, you devote yourself to the practice of medicine, promising to heal those you can with no judgment and best interest always at heart. It makes sure that Doctors always put patients first, their mental and physical needs above their own selfish ones.

It was November 2nd 2003 when Averee-Lilith Burr took her oath, and even when her name changed she continued to serve her community in a way only Doctors can. She donated her time at free clinics, offered free treatments to the uninsured, since taking the oath Averie put her heart into saving others - and Hazel would be no exception.

It felt wrong for Averie, for her to watch Hazel Thorpe struggle in the psychiatric ward, she fought tooth and nail for the woman to be released, for her to be sent to Virginia's Stage One Prison for women, a much better alternative then the gruelling pain of Virginia's maximum security that she was previously in.

Maybe it was a bad idea from the start, Averie wasn't sure but Aaron seemed more then understanding, "I think you should go, it might be good for you and her, you've both been through the same trauma, she'll understand you more then I ever could" He gave her a small sympathetic smile.

"I'm scared I'm going to make it worse for her, instead of moving on she'll spiral into it all again" Averie replied, looking up at him with worried eyes as he leant against the kitchen counter.

"It's worth a shot, sweetheart, your the only one that can truly understand what she went through with Burr, maybe talking over it together will help put it to rest for Hazel" And you.

Averie's brows furrowed for another minute or two, taking sips at her drink as she thought about the pro's and con's of the scenario, "Ok, I think I'm gonna go" She nodded her head, "At least then I can say I tried right? Maybe next time I can bring Wyatt, if it goes well" She pondered aloud, a small smile on her lips at the thought of bringing Hazel some comfort.

"Sounds like a great idea, sweetheart" Aaron leant forward to press a kiss to her forehead, his hand resting briefly on her small bump, "I wish I could come with you, if you hold of a few days I could...?"

She watched him move around the kitchen, beginning to mix up Amelia's milk formula, "Aary, I'll be fine. It's probably for the best it's just me at first anyway, don't want to overwhelm her, when Nate came with me to visit her in the psych unit, she just lost it, she had only female doctors in psych and they've requested female prison guards"

Aaron nodded his head in understanding, leaning to press a kiss against her forehead, "Makes sense, sweetheart" He murmured, his attention turning to Amelia as she giggled in her high chair.

"Will you be alright dropping Mila of at Rossi daycare?" Averie asked, lifting Amelia up and holding her to her chest, taking the milk bottom from Aaron's out stretched hand.

"Me and my little girl will be perfectly fine without you, sweet girl" He smiled, his hand reaching out for Amelia's tiny one, squeezing it, "Won't we, babygirl?"

Aaron watched in amazement as she giggled, moving to take the baby from her arms, pressing a kiss to both his wife and daughters forehead's, "I love you, Hotchner" Averie chuckled, leaning up to press a soft kiss against his lips, giggling when Amelia reached out to pull on her mom's hair, "And I love you too, my sweet little Mila"