Will you still follow your dream? (Old prologue of New Power)

Cain stroked his sister's small forehead as she slept in the hospital. She had many drips hooked up into her, making her small 9 (and a few months) year old body look like it mostly consisted of wires. She had been sick for so long, and he felt that it was finally claiming her as he sensed her force-signiture grow fainter and weaker.
"Will you still follow your dream of joining the Republic?" She whispered.
"I will. I have already submitted an application. But I don't know if I can do it without you," he quietly said.
"Don't be silly. I'm always here." She poked his chest where his heart was. "If you ever need me, just say my name. I will always come to you."
"I know Alyssa. I know." He sadly smiled at her as she gently fell back asleep as she had been doing for months now. They had to celebrate her 9th birthday in the hospital.
"Visiting times are over Cain. I do truly wish you could stay with Alyssa longer, but I'm sorry," a doctor said in the doorway of the room. She held a clipboard and a datapad while twirling a pen through her fingers out of a nervous habit.
"It's alright. Just, please, call me as soon as something happens," Cain almost begged.
"Of course. I would never forget. I hope you have a good night." The doctor smiled reassuringly at him. Cain nodded and headed out of the door.
As he went down the hallway, a nurse ran past him directly to his sister's room. Panic started to rise in him, but he pushed it down as he reasoned with himself. The nurse out be late to their shift, or they desperately needed to hand over results of one of the many tests they had to do on Alyssa. He still quietly followed the nurse back to his sister's room and listened from the closed door. He could hear the muffled voices of the nurse and doctor.
"How is she doing?" The nurse asked.
"I don't have the heart to break the news to Cain. He loves his sister more than anything as I can tell. I just can't. But I have to. I will tell him to-," the doctor cut off and then screamed, quite unprofessionally. Cain heard the frantic shuffling of footsteps and the faint long beep of a heartrate machine. He froze while he tried to sense his sister. Nothing. He tried again. Still nothing. He began to panic. No, not now. His siter was strong, she couldn't be- no.
Cain shook as he took his comm link out of his jacket pocket and dialled his best friend's frequency in.
"You woke me up. What's up?" His best friend, a Twi'Lek named Ektziekel, said groggily.
"Can you sense Alyssa?" Cain asked, trying to keep the panic out of his voice.
Silence was on the end of the line until he heard Ektziekel scream 'mum'. "I CAN'T- I CAN'T SENSE HER!"
Cain hearded chocked sobs from Ektziekel's mum and most prominently from his best friend as he was closer to the comm.
"We are coming right down, Cain. Hold on. We're coming," his best friend's mum said, trying to keep her voice steady. The line then went dead.
Cain sat back against the door, making it creak. He felt numb. Completely alone. The bond the brother and sister shared through the Force was no longer there. He tried to reach for it. He tried to reach for her. All he came in contact was with nothing. All just memories. He choked back sobs and almost screamed in surprise as the door was opened and he almost fell back.
The doctor stared at him. "I- I'm so sorry," she said and knelt down next to Cain. She put a hand on his shoulder and then lowered her head. "We had come to love Alyssa as our own. It broke us to see her there so often, but we bonded with her. She had such a bright spirit." The words were spoken softly and made Cain on the verge of a complete breakdown.
"CAIN? CAIN!" Ektziekel yelled as he charged down the corridor towards him. His mother followed closely behind. The doctor beckoned Cain and the newly arrived two into the room. The nursr had covered Alyssa with a white cloth already. They stood around her bed and bowed their heads.
"She was force-sensitive, wasn't she?" The doctor asked. It wasn't really a question she didn't know the answer to, but she wanted to hear it from a family member themself.
"Yes. And so am I," Cain replied softly. He didn't really know why the doctor was asking this now, but he didn't mind providing the answer.
"I.. want to talk to you tomorrow, if that's okay?"
"Okay."

The next day rolled around. Alyssa's body had been transported to a morgue for storing while Cain planned for her funeral with the help of Ektziekel and his mother. Cain had barely gotten a wink of sleep, even with the sleeping pills Ektziekel's mother had given him to try to get him to sleep.
The hospital seemed so gloomy now that the light of his life was lying cold in a morgue. He walked up the steps of the hospital and entered the reception part. The receptionist gave him a small, sad smile and commed Alyssa's doctor to him.
"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked.
"Better if Alyssa was here. Even if she was laying sick in a hospital bed," Cain answered and almost cried. He felt the tears threatening to spill over.
"I know hun, I know. Come, let's sit over here."
She asked her first question once she and Cain sat down. "I asked if she was force-sensitive yesterday because we, me and my nurse, researched your family history. We found that your parents live alone, you don't have to supply a reason as to why you don't live with them, don't worry. But, I found that your surname matched a young Jedi Padwan in the Temple. Obi-Wan Kenobi. And Kenobi is your surname. Are you related to him?"
"Yes. Obi-Wan is the middle child. I'm 6 years older than him, and he's 3 years older than Alyssa."
"I don't mean to intrude. However, why was Obi-Wan chosen?"
Cain swolled thickly at this. He had gotten quite a few backhand comments about this subject and had gotten bullied by it. "Alyssa actually had the most midichlorians out of me and Obi-Wan, however they didn't choose her because of the many illnesses she had. They chose Obi-Wan instead as he has a slightly higher midichlorian count than I do. People always called me weak, but little do they know Obi-Wan's midichlorian cound is higher than average, making mine just above average."
"And they didn't take you in?" The doctor didn't bother hiding her surprise at this.
Cain bitterly laughed. "No. They don't take force-sensitive siblings in unless they're twins."
The doctor looked down at the ground. "You and Alyssa could have made great Jedi."
"I'm too old. Far too old. They took him when he was 3. I remember it clearly. I was 9. I'm now 18." Cain paused. "However, I'm joining the Republic as a factioned bounty hunter to do their dirty work. See if I can get blessed by the Mandalorians so I can get beskar armor. Maybe the Jedi will take pity on me and send me to Illum to find one of their legendary kyber crystals."
The doctor looked shocked. "Oh wow. I couldn't imagine myself doing that."
"Yeah. Alyssa would love it. Getting to travel the galaxy. See different places that actually have green and aren't grey like most of Courasant. She would have been ecstatic when I'd say I'd take her on one of my missions, one of my less dangrous ones. I would have loved to take her." Cain didn't even realise he was crying until a tear landed on the back of his hand.
The doctor put a hand on his shoulder. "She will get to see everything. I know she will as she will not stop following you through the Force."
He smiled. "Yeah. She will always be with me."

-------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan stopped in his tracks. He felt like he had just lost something or a someone, but he couldn't put his finger on it.
"Master?" Obi-Wan asked.
"Yes, Obi-Wan?" Qui Gon replied.
"Did you feel that?"
The Jedi Master looked at his young Padawan quizzically. "What do you mean?"
"I felt as if someone or something just disappeared or died. Something that meant something to me maybe. But I can't put my finger on it. The loss feels oddly familiar. Like the force-signiture is familiar. Do you know what or who it could have been?"
Qui Gon was astonished. And that didn't happen often. "No, no I don't. Why don't you meditate on it when we get back go the Temple?"
"Yes, I think I will do that."
The Master nodded approvingly and lead the way back to the Temple.

As soon as Obi-Wan returned to his quarters, he threw down his satchel and sat in a meditative postition on his bed. Soon enough, he slipped into the trance of meditation.
He broke out with a start. He was breathing hard. The loss was someone related to him. He couldn't pinpoint who they were to him, but the blood-realtion was something he couldn't miss. Perhaps they were the brother he faintly remembered? Perhaps a sister? Aunt? Father? He had no idea, but needed to wait until he had calmed before he attempted meditation again.

The meditation didn't come as easy this time. He was constantly slipping in and out, as if the Force didn't want him to find the answer to his question. The only conclusion he learned was the fact that they were female. Maybe it was a sister or aunt? Perhaps mother even? He did very briefly get a flash of a small body underneath a white sheet on a hospital bed and people surrounding it. But it was so brief he couldn't make out the details well. The most prominent thing that came out of the meditation was the fact that someone he should know is coming, and they're coming very soon.