Chapter 26

Chapter Twenty-Six:

Ships

"What a bitch," Mari cursed out as they crouched down against a concrete wall.

"He was," Ivy agreed with a very upset look on her face. "He was such a bitch!"

Razaria rolled her eyes as she followed the group trying to stay out of anyone's line of vision. They were headed towards the docks in order to board their designated ship.

"So you got to meet your competition," Justin said with a snicker.

"He wasn't competition," Dante said with no doubt in his mind.

"Yeah Donny would flatten him," Ivy agreed.

"Guys can we not please?" Razaria asked. "Simon isn't a bad guy, he just made a bad decision."

"So now you're defending him?" Dante asked, his mood flipping so quickly.

"What happened to him not being competition, Dante?" Justin asked with a knowing smile.

"Justin might have a point Donny, Razaria did introduce you as her friend," Ivy said, thinking back to the conversation.

"Shut up Ivy," Dante said in frustration.

The group moved around the small industrial area every time a normal city guard or worker got too close. There were smells that no one was happy with in multiple regions for various different reasons. And some of the areas looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. But at least the concrete buildings were good cover for them until it was time for them to hurry to board the ship.

The dock area where they had to check their bags was not too far away from the industrial fishing zone. It just happened to be on the nicer side that handled more imports, rather than produce. There was a pier that led all the way down to the smaller cruise ship; one that was filled with people excited to get on for their summer vacations. As they got closer though, it was easy to see that the Organization had already gotten there before them.

"Three," Justin said quietly.

Dante, Ivy and Mari carefully looked towards where Justin had mentioned. There was a person there in a rather nice outfit; too nice for the area. And from the way that the well pressed jacket flared out it would have been easy to hide a handgun. What really gave it away was the small, wireless earpiece.

"Twelve," Dante commented back.

There was another person ahead of them with the same setup. Razaria looked between the guys who were speaking as though they'd grown a second head. Until she saw that the whole group's attention turned towards two different people as they spoke. Her lips formed into an oh as she started to understand.

"Eight," Mari and Ivy said quietly, almost synced up.