Two friends and two true lovers

America's tour, 1979.
Mention of Lena/Björn relationship.
BASED ON TRUE EVENTS

September, 1979.

"Come on, come on! We have a huge night ahead of us!" shouted Stig, their manager as Frida and Agnetha made their way in the plane.

It was already 4.00 pm in New York and they had to take the plane to go to Boston for the last of their concerts.

"One hour and a half..."Frida heard Agnetha whisper behind her.

The brunette knew how much her best friend hated touring. And planes. She took her hand and smiled at her which, by the smile on the blonde's face, was very welcome.
They entered the plane and Frida looked around for Björn or Benny. Her eyes fell first on Björn already sitting in his usual place. With Lena.

'Of course.' Frida smiled tightly at Björn and dragged Agnetha by her hand.

"Do you want me to sit next to you?" The brunette asked as Agnetha made her way to her seat next to the window.

Agnetha looked at the ground and frowned.
"What about Benny?"

Frida felt a pang in her chest and looked around. He still wasn't there.
"It's...still...complicated."

The blonde only nodded and gestured for Frida to sit next to her. Once they were settled, Frida couldn't help but stare at the plane's door, still open for Benny.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I know I'm late but-"

"No time for excuses Benny! We have to take off now!" Their manager said and sat at the front of the left range.

Frida watched as Benny made his way over to her but when his eyes fell on Agnetha he slowed. Frida locked eyes with him, waiting for him to say something, anything. But no. He said nothing and sat on the left range, opposite to Björn so they could probably talk.

"What's going on?" Agnetha said quietly but enough loudly so it put Frida out of her thoughts.

"What?"

"Look," The blonde pointed to the window. "These men are talking pretty animatedly, don't you think?"

Frida leaned over Agnetha to look out of the window. Their pilot was indeed talking with two other men but he seemed pretty upset.

"You're right... It's weird..."
Frida looked at the sky and realised how black it looked for 4.30 pm.

"Frida?" The brunette felt a hand take one of hers.

She looked up and Agnetha was looking right in front of her, breathing rapidly.

"Anna." Nothing. "Anna!" The blonde slowly turned her head. "Look at me, nothing is going to happen, okay? Everything's going to be just fine."

The blonde smiled tightly and Frida began to rub circles on her back. When she turned her toward the front of the plane, she locked eyes with Benny. He was definitely looking at her. He really looked like he was going to say something-

"Alright! Let's go now! Are all belts fastened?" The pilot smiled at them before making his way to the cockpit.

Frida looked back at Benny but he had his back at her. She sighed and concentrated on Agnetha.

***

It was half an hour in the flight when Agnetha began talking again.

"I don't know what I would do without you."

Frida chuckled at that.
"Well, a lot of people say that, and I always answer 'not a lot'!" They both chuckled and Frida's eyes fell once again on Benny's back.