Chapter 2. After

It's been only 2 weeks since Atlanta fell and already me and nat have lost so much. We have to move house to house now, taking anything we can and right when we go into a house the dead have followed us. Nat has a Glock 19 and all I have is a crossbow. Things were looking really bad until we found something. Something that we knew was gonna help us. If you can believe it we found a PRISON. Just there for the taking. "this is what we've needed..." Nat says. "Yeah" I say. We walk down to the fence and cut through with cutters. Inside the dead claw at the fence trying to get us but they cant. We run to the gate were it opens and set down all our supplies. "we can do this. we just have to get the gate locked and closed and the court yard will be ours.we can clear the other part of the prison tomorrow." I say. I point to the guard tower. "take the rifle and pick them off." I hand her the rifle and she nods. "ok dodge." She runs to the tower and climbs up it and gets in position. I take out my crossbow and open the door and runs into the courtyard. To my left there's a dead coming at me and I point my crossbow and brain it. Then in front of me another dead one. I need to get another arrow on my crossbow but nat shoots it from the tower. I nod to her and keep running to the gate. I close it and ties it. then I take out my M1911 with a silencer and help clear out the yard. in a couple of minutes we have the dead cleared out and we both walk to the center of the courtyard. "We did it..." Nat says. "Yeah but we still have the rest of the prison to clear out." I say. Then it's night and were at the fire sitting there eating the small canned food we looted. We know it's only the beginning of this new life we live. We don't live anymore I think to myself. WE SURVIVE.