It's the same but it's different

Umm.... Hi
This is my first ever story so please bare with me 😪.
My spelling kinda sucks too.
I really like this AU, but I haven't seen any new ones lately... so ig that means I have to make my own.
As you can see by the title, this will be similar to these other types of stories, but some things are a little different. So here's my info about my version of this au.

* 7 classifications

* Neutral- the same as regular every day humans

* Babysitters - have less of an urge to care for littles and pets and when they do it's only for a short period of time and they have less authority and control than a caregiver or owner.

* Owner- cares for pets the same way that we care for our pets. When classified, they get a small amount of supplies to hold them over until they get a pet.  They can adopt more than one pet.

* Caregivers- care for littles the way we care for kids here. They are the parental figures for littles.When classified, they get a small amount of supplies to hold them over until they get a little. When in their headspace, they get slightly stronger to be able to carry and hold a little. They can adopt more than one little.

* Switch - gets both headspaces of a Caregiver/ owner and Little/ pet. They may have more of a leaning side ( ex : switch but more caregiver than little ) They can still have a little/pet or a caregiver/ owner.  They can also be both Caregiver and owner.

* Pet - Their headspace is that of an animal ( cat, dog, bunny, etc. ) . They do not gain any animalistic features ( ears, tail, etc ), they do however show all the characteristics that their designated animal shows.

* Little - their headspace is younger than their actual age. They act like this age in this headspace when they slip. Some littles might be little 24/7, but most aren't. Each age range is a different category under the classification
                - Age 13-17 : Middle
    - Age 9-12 : pre middle (like pre teen )
                - Age 6-8 : kiddo
                - Age 3 1/2 - 5 : Prek ( pre - eek )
                - Age 0-3 : Baby

Littles and pets aren't required by law to have a caregiver/ owner, but it is suggested for both parties health.

Everyone gets classification tested the end of senior year of high school ( some people will leave after their graduation is over and celebrate by getting tested. )

Most people throw little showers and/ or classification reveals. When a caregiver is near the end of the process of adopting a little, their friends will throw them a little shower and shower them with gifts for the little.  On the opposite side, if the little has friends who were already classified as littles, they give them all of the "fun" stuff ( mostly toys and comfort items ).

So there... see what I meant now? This will work like a oneshot book so feel free to leave suggestions ! And like I said in the description, some oneshots can connect/ continue ( like a part 1 part 2 type of thing, but you guys are smart.... You probably understood )

The next chapter will be with Characters/ their descriptions and a place for Request.

Thanks for reading dude! Hope you enjoy the book 🥰