Chapter 2

As we pull into the parking lot of the building I've only ever seen on my computer screen, it hits me that I've really done it, I've made the first part of my dream come true, now her comes the hard part. "Here we are!" Even with my mother's overwhelming enthusiasm I don't say a word, this is a lot more terrifying then I thought it would be. I had everything planned out on how this day would go, we would drive up and I would be so excited, I'd get to my new dorm room and meet my roommate and everything would be perfect, but I didn't think about the fact that I'd have to live alone and away from my mother for the first time, reading my mind she parks the car takes off her seat belt and turns to me with a smile. "Hey look at me". I turn my head, tears slowly filling in my eyes. "I will be ok hun, this is a new adventure for the both of us, the start of an adventure can be scary but hey, what's the point of living if you can't have a terrifying adventure along the way? I will be fine and I will call all the time, no need to spoil this day worrying about me, ok?" I smile and shake my head yes, she always knows what to say. "Okay good so let's get in there already!" She opens her car door and steps out, after she closes the door I take a deep breath, open the door, and when I step out, half out my things are already on the curb waiting to be carried up to my dorm.
"Mom you bought to much stuff, I don't need a microwave or a mini fridge, they have a cafeteria you know" "Oh please, your just complaining because your the one carrying them, you'll thank me later when everything's closed and you want something to eat in the middle of the night". I roll my eyes but I know she's right, she's always right. "Hey I think this is it" "Here I've got the key give me a sec, I put it in my purse. You know I don't know why I always do that, cause it always gets lost in there and then I spend 10 minutes looking for the keys and-" "Well mom you live and you learn, come on hurry up" "Ok, ok...here, apartment 5D". I put the key in the lock and jiggle it a little to get it to turn, when it finally unlocks I turn the knob and am greeted by a small, light blue room. On the right hand side there is a single un-made bed with 100 different coloured and shaped pillows, dark purple sheets, and a fuzzy black comforter. There are posters of bands, some I've never heard of, all over the closet door near the end of the bed, the wall by the head of the bed is decorated with flamingo string lights with Polaroid pictures clipped on of people I can only assume are family and friends of whoever this messy room belongs to. The wall next to the bed is completely filled with many different kinds of fancy guitars that must have cost a fortune, the coffee table next to the bed is the only clean part of the room, the only thing there being a hula dancer lap and an alarm clock. The desk at the end of the room where I am standing, is being used as a makeup table and the wall that it's on has a small shelf holding a record player playing a song that I feel like I've heard somewhere before but I just can't remember the name, the room is parted by a think dark purple beaded divider hanging from the ceiling, this mysterious persons side of the room has no light except for the candles and string lights giving it a very cool look, I'm very excited to meet this girl just from the look of her room. As I turn to look at my side I almost feel as though I've been teleported to a different place all together, on the right side of the room you can barely tell the colour of the walls but on my beautifully lit side of the room you can see the robin egg blue of the walls perfectly. There's a dip in the wall right in the middle but instead of the beautiful blue of the rest of the room, there is a large window looking out at the ocean, and in this little dip in the wall, fitting perfectly, is a single bed. My bed. And much like the mysterious girls side I too have a desk by where I'm standing in the doorway and a closet, except mine is next to my side table instead of at the end of the bed. This room is like a paradise, my favourite part being that my bed is perfectly engulfed in windows looking over the beautiful ocean waves. Me and mom walk into the room, lugging all of my things in behind us. "Wow! Oh my god honey this is amazing! Look at your bed! Oh my gosh this is amazing, and judging from how cool your roommates side is, you are going to have such a great time here!" "It's more then I hopped for, it's amazing, I hope my roommate gets here soon so I can meet her" " Ya me to I want to meet this genius in person, unfortunately though hun it doesn't look like that's gonna happen, I have to get going, I've got another 14 hours back and it's getting late" "it's only 11am!?" "14 hours hun" she smiles and the tears start for the both of us, we run to each other and say our goodbyes but right before shutting the door to begin my next new adventure, my beautiful mother takes my hands and says the thing she has been telling me since birth " Charlotte McKenna you are going to do amazing things in this world, mark my words. I love you sweetheart" and with one last hug she was off, now begins my next adventure.