BASTARD: prologue

cloud

cloud

Home.

When someone's kidnapped in movies, they always show the person breaking down or running to their family for an embrace when they finally return home, but that never happened with me. Despite being back for months, I couldn't help but want to leave again.

Maybe it was because I never saw this pack as my home. Despite the fact that my parents were dead, everyone still saw me as the same mistake that shouldn't have existed. They openly stared at me like I was some freak show, they glared at me when they thought I couldn't see them, and they whispered behind my back as if I couldn't hear them.

This place wasn't home to me, it was a prison.

When I first woke up, Gray asked me if I remembered the pack and I said no. I did remember though. The fact that I had alpha blood running through my veins helped me maintain my memories. I remembered the way Dad would look at me with disgust. I remember the pain that shined in Mom's eyes every time she stared at me. I remembered growing up and hating the Moon Goddess and Dad for bringing me into this world.

If you asked the pack, I was a mistake. If you asked Dad, I was the living memory of when he cheated on Mom - a mistake he couldn't erase. If you asked Mom, I was a constant reminder of the fact that her mate slept with another woman. If you asked Gray, well, I wasn't sure how Gray saw me these days.

If you asked me, I was a bastard child and at the end of the day, nothing would change that.