A surprise reunion

After a long and exhausting week of trekking across half of Europe with stops in California and Colorado, Celeste was finally home. She didn't want to leave her soft comfortable bed, but she'd made dinner plans that she couldn't miss. After not seeing Tony for so long she hadn't wanted to reschedule especially after his thoughtful gift of her favorite flowers that he'd sent to her hotel room in Rome. When she'd walked in to see a sea of varying shades of pink peonies covering nearly every table in the room she knew exactly who'd sent them before she had found the card that came along with them. She'd had half a mind to rip into him for the expensive gift, but couldn't bring herself to do it when they'd made her smile and sweetened the air with their delicate perfume.

Instead she'd sent him a thank you text and had made a point to drop in at a jewelry store she was passing by that had a watch that just screamed Tony Stark. Paying for it she made sure that it would be delivered to him via their New York store so he could have it the next day. She didn't usually do gifts when it came to the man who had more money than god but she saw it and couldn't resist. It was a bit hypocritical of her to send him gifts and not accept them in return. The thing is, Tony didn't know when to stop.

If allowed he'd shower her with whatever he thought her heart desired or give her the most random expensive thing his overworked brain came up with in the middle of the night. For example, the first Christmas they'd known each other he had sent her to a marina while she'd been staying in Malibu where he presented her with a yacht. An honest to God yacht. With a full crew to man it all because she mentioned in passing how much she missed going out on the water. After telling him how much she appreciated the thoughtful gesture Celeste had him return it and donated the money to a charity of her choice. That's when she'd instituted her gift rule. Sometimes though she couldn't resist.

Scraping herself off of the bed Celeste stripped down and made her way to the bathroom to take a shower. After her flight she'd planned to take a nap and then get ready, but things that had been pushed back for the gallery in her absence needed her immediate attention, eating up her time. Making it quick she was in and out in fifteen minutes before drying and brushing out her hair. Deciding to keep it simple she focused only on her eyes and lips knowing that Tony didn't care if she was all dolled up like she'd been the night they spent together. Walking naked to her closet she slipped on a matching black sheer lace bra and panty set because as much as she had told herself it had been a one time thing she wanted to be prepared just in case.

Roving her eyes over her expansive dress selection she decided to go with something that wouldn't give him easy access. Choosing a pair of black high waisted slim fit slacks and a form fitting midnight blue crushed velvet suit jacket that could double as a top. Forgoing a shirt she buttoned up the jacket tossing her long hair over her shoulder to fall down her back in soft waves as she slipped on a pair of classic red bottoms and went over to her jewelry cabinet. Picking out a pair of simple diamond studs, she pairs them with a silver double layered necklace that had a moonstone on the longer chain and sprinkling of silver stars on the shorter one. This should be nice enough for Daniel's without looking too much like she was dressing up for a date, Celeste thinks to herself. At the last second she plucked out two of the rings Tony had made for her, slipping them on her middle and index fingers.

Checking over her reflection one more time in the closet's full length mirror Celeste huffs out a tired breath before exiting to the living room beyond where her purse is sitting on top of her still packed luggage. Dinner with no more than two drinks and then home she promised herself as she hopped into the back of the cab she hailed. Surely Tony would understand her exhaustion since she was technically supposed to be back yesterday, but her newest gallery in LA had needed her when she touched down to refuel. She'd just opened a second Firefly Galleria last year after all of the badgering her father had done about her spending so much of her time on that particular coast. He didn't understand that that reason had a name, but after Tony and her had cut ties she hadn't been spending as much time on the west coast as she once had.