Prologue

My mind knows what we're up to, but my heart refuses to accept it. We're not suited for eachother and have never been. I love you dearly, my flame hasn't died yet, but it's time to put it out.

Sunghoon, my heart still sings for you. Your sweet smile touches my nerve. You're my best friend, we've been through it all. I appreciate all your ups and downs.

Four years ago, after having laid my eyes on you for the first time, I already knew: I belong to you, and you are mine, Park Sunghoon.

Things aren't that easy, however. Soon enough we realised we're both completely different. Too different.

Your extroverted self deserves all the attention, but I can't stop myself from feeling bitterly jealous, looking at each of your fans in disgust. You're aware, you admit it makes you quite uneasy. I understand, although it obviously tore us apart in some ways.

Still, you can't lie about the fact you're not innocent either. My childhood friend, Sunoo, bothers you. His behaviour, specifically, hurts you. He's pretty clingy; touch is his love language.

All these thoughts are making me trip, literally. I fell on the hard, cobblestone streets, on my way to school. The bystanders looked worried, so I reassured them I'm fine, physically.

The school gate came into sight. I put all my fears on hold for a bit. My eyes desperately searched for Sunghoon. I haven't been able to see him all weekend. Exams are killing each of us.

I entered the school's grounds, still looking around for my one and only. He might be sick, but he would've told me so, right? He's probably too late or slept in.

I tried calling Sunghoon but got nothing. Anxiety tickled my back. Did something bad happen to him? I stepped inside, hoping he would be waiting for me there.

No success. I entered my class and tried to ignore the despair that's taking over me. I don't want you to be in pain. You should be sitting next to me, right now.

The teacher is talking nonsense. Who even comprehends chemistry? Ours is at risk anyway.

10 minutes later my head started spinning. I want to see my boyfriend. I need his reassurance.

After I got permission to leave class, I started my search. He promised to see me today, so where are you, Sunghoon? Why aren't you here?

I left the edifice and decided to go to your house. I got interrupted by my heart once again.

There you are. I found you, Park Sunghoon, kissing another boy. You guys look very romantic, sitting together on the bench, cutely.

He tried to speak but my eyes quieted him. At least you cheated on me with a pretty one.

I walked away, keeping my poker face. My cold appearance contradicted my burning soul. Deep inside I know how much this has already impacted me. Four years are gone just like that.