1

"It's okay, Jungwon. You were planning on breaking up with him anyways." Sunoo said while hugging me tight, calming down my upset heart.

"It's not alright, Sunoo. It shouldn't have ended like this. Also, how long has he been cheating on me? What if all those years were fake, an illusion?"

My eyes couldn't stop releasing their liquids; my hands were shaking and my head was spinning. Let this be a nightmare, please. Wake up, Jungwon, wake up!

"I completely understand you're furious. That was a bad move from Sunghoon. Who was he even cheating on you with?"

My mind remembered his pretty face. I'd never seen him before, but something in me stops me from being mad at this person. It's all Sunghoon's fault.

"Someone from class. He's new, I'm not sure about his name. He's handsome. That's all I know."
"Well, good-looking or not, it's irrelevant if his personality is trash."
"I can't tell if it is, though."
"Jungwon, he had an affair with your ex lover while you were oblivious."
"What if he didn't know?"

Sunoo looked at me, puzzled.

"Maybe he's in the same situation as I am." I continued.
"He might be. You can't be sure of that, however. All we know is that Sunghoon has betrayed you."

Reality has hit me one more time. My previous, intense feelings made their return.

"It hurts, Sunoo."

He just nodded, still comforting me.

A few weeks later I came to the conclusion that I had no choice but to go on with my miserable life again. I have to finish school, even when my body is aching this badly. Fuck you, Park Sunghoon.

I dragged myself to this soulless place, trying hard not to collapse. It all affected me more than I expected it to.

I looked in front of me, my face fighting to keep its cold expression. I did not give anyone a glance, fearing I would see the one that cut my insides.

"I haven't seen you in a while, Jungwon."

Besides Sunoo, I have some other friends at school. I can't say our bond is that strong. My heart only feels safe with my old friend.

"I was sick, Jake."

Sim Jaeyun is someone I met two years ago, in English class. We were both assigned to do a presentation together by the teacher. He's nice.

"Oh! I didn't know, I'm sorry."
"No worries."
"I hope you feel better now!"
"I do, thank you."

Lying is one of my only specialties.

We both talked a bit and then went our separate ways. I went to sit on my own, in the back, in class. He's supposed to be sitting next to me. My boyfriend, no, my enemy.

As if my day couldn't get any worse, the both of them appeared in the corner of my eyes. Sunghoon's smile sickened me. How could he?

That boy, though. Wow. His eyes shine beautifully.

"What are you looking at, loser?"

I came back to the present. Have I been staring at him? Such a weird action of mine.

"I would not be talking if I were you." I snapped back. How is this boy gonna talk like that, knowing he's together with a cheater?

"At least I'm good enough for my boyfriend." He laughed devilish.

Maybe Sunoo was right. He's a bad person covered in layers of gorgeousness.

As time went by, the urge to break down became bigger. I don't want to be here. I need to run far, far away. Away from this mess. To ignore these past four years.

I hadn't even noticed everyone leaving. Class is over. Six more to go.

I slowly stood up and walked to the bathroom. I felt eyes stabbing my back. Am I being made fun of? No, it can't be.

I stayed in the bathroom stall for quite a while. I burst out crying, intensely. It's all going too fast. My emotions can't adapt can't adapt to this new situation.

I called Sunoo, distressed. After a few seconds he picked up:

"Jungwon! I'm in class right now, I had to walk out! What's up? Are you alright?"

Sunoo and I don't go to the same school for numerous reasons. Our schedule is quite different, which makes things complicated at times.

"Sunoo..."

Drops of despair rolled down my face. Anxiety was slowing eating me up.

"Shall I pick you up? I don't think you're okay."
"Please."
"I'll be there in 15 minutes. Stay strong, Jungwon. It's all going to be fine."
"Thank you."

I hung up and got out of the stall. I walked outside, only to be met by the worst scenario imaginable.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I looked up to see bittersweet eyes.

"Can you please leave me alone?"

He grinned.

"Aren't you a cutie, Jungwon?"

My eyes opened in shock.

"What did you just call me?"
"You heard me."

I was not in the mood for this foolishness.

"Why are you not in class either, then?"
I ignored his remark.

"I guess you'll never know."
I nodded in frustration.

He stepped closer and tugged at my hair harshly, making me moan in pain.

"You, don't you dare even look at my boyfriend again, okay?"

He reminded me of my current suffering. Sunghoon will never be mine again. I've never been good enough for him. The pain is excruciating.

"Alright."

He let go and laughed at me. I couldn't take it anymore. Humiliation helped my eyes release more tears.

"Are you gonna cry as well now? Pathetic. You're fucking pathetic."

He couldn't stop cackling. I should've just switched schools. Why did I even think I could recover?

"Jungwon! Gosh, you're crying!"

Sunoo ran up to me and embraced my body.

"Let's go to your home, okay?"
"Yes."

I hid my face in his neck, still feeling embarrassed.

"And you must be Sunoo, then? The only one that cares even a little bit about this dog?"
"So you're Sunghoon's new fuck toy? Poor you, so unaware."
Sunoo snarled.

He held my hand and we both walked home. Whoever that guy is, needs to back off quickly before he regrets his actions.