🎵 So Close

this is gonna be the start of a series within this book. all the chapters with the little music emoji will mean that they will be inspired by a song. the song will be linked up. enjoy!
-------------‐-----‐-----‐‐--------------------

You stood in front of you and your husband's mirror, smoothing down the front of your dress. You wore a strapless, floor length gown. The color of it was a deep blue with small diamonds placed along the bodice. Your hair was curled and pushed back behind your ears. A necklace with a small diamond pendant was clasped behind your neck. You sighed, knowing that it was gonna be a long night but the only thing that would make it bearable would be seeing him.

"Sweetheart, are you ready?"

You turned towards the voice of your husband.

He wasn't necessarily a bad looking man, you just weren't into him like that. He was rude and arrogant.

His brown hair was slicked back, his emerald eyes shining.

"Hello? Y/n we can't be late, are you ready?" He asked.

You shook your head. "Yes, sorry about that Paul."

He scoffed. "C'mon, we don't have all night."

He grabbed your wrist, dragging you out of the bedroom, barely even giving you time to grab your clutch.

He lead the pair of you through your manor, pushing you out the front door. He shut the door behind you, locking it and leading you to the car.

"Stop pushing me, Paul, I'm getting there."

"Be quiet Y/n, my patience with you is already thin!" He said getting in the driver's side of the car.

You rolled your eyes at him and climbed into your side of the car.

Barley even buckled in, the car sped down the road.

You glared your husband, grippingyour seat belt.

"Geez, slow down Paul!"

"I would if you weren't taking time and obsessing over yourself in the mirror."

You decided to not push him, so you kept quiet.

The two of you rode in silence, finally pulling up to the Butler Estate.

He stopped the car at the entrance, stepping out of the car, tossing his keys to the valet, a younger boy, before going over to your side of the car, opening the door for you.

"How sweet of you, Paul" you drawled.

"Just shut up and let's get inside." He muttered.

The valet got into the car and drove off, looking for a place to park.

You and Paul walked in together, him behind you placing a tight grip on your waist.

"Don't pulled the shit you pulled last time Y/n." he whispered in your ear.

Before you were able to say anything, a voice called out to the both of you.

"Mr and Mrs. Smith!"

You found the source of the voice and smiled.

Mr.Butler, or Austin, smiled at the two of you. You couldn't deny that he was incredibly handsome. His sandy blonde hair was gelled back with a simple curl resting against his forehead.

He stood in front of you and your husband, shaking Paul's hand. When you moved to shake Austin's hand, Paul's fingers pressed into your side.

Austin's smile twitched downwards for a quick second and then schooled his features back into his smile.