twenty-one: shine

-▪︎☆♡☆▪︎-

HE CAN'T STOP STARING.

hikari just continued to smile at him, her eyes crinkled in the corners. muichiro could see her elongated fangs, a symbol of her excitement. her hands rest easy on her lap, her cheeks red. the sun has fully set, the room dark. nobody bothered to light a lamp, but they still see each other in brighter light than ever before.

"when did you remember that?" hikari asks.

"i had a dream on a mission." muichiro explains. "i was mad about something... but i forgot what."

"i was late." hikari answers. "you had been waiting on me, so you were pouting over it. i went ahead and did just that, and you forgave me."

muichiro hums, smiling softly as he looks down. hikari twiddles her thumbs nervously. she switches to swiping away a strand of hair, desperately trying to keep her breathing under control.

muichiro, of course, senses it.

without speaking, he rests his hand on hers. hikari tenses up, flicking her eyes to see the contrast in his skin tone, as compared to her. his nails are shorter, and colored a natural hue. hers are long and black, yet another sign of her demonism.

hikari calms a bit from her flustered manner, and muichiro's serenity returns once more. their breathing synchronizes to one steadfast rythym, their heartbeats lined up like drumline, working together to ring through the air.

hikari smiles softly at muichiro before locking their hands, and sending him a reassuring squeeze.

-▪︎☆♡☆▪︎-

it was sunny. hikari couldn't leave the room. however, she didn't let that get her down, even when muichiro ended up leaving to train.

"yoo-hoo!"

hikari gasps and runs to the door. she unlocks it before running back to the shadows, anticipation building up as she watches mitsuri enter the room.

"hello!" mitsuri rings out. as soon as she closes the door, hikari runs up to her, and hugs her tightly.

"guess what? the kamado boy is here!" mitsuri squeals.

"really?" hikari gasps. "where is he?"

"he went off to the woods i think, but we can visit him later." mitsuri nods. "for now, how about i braid your hair?"

hikari gasps and eagerly nods. "okay!" she runs to grab a hairbrush and some ties, handing them to mitsuri with a wide smile. she sits down in front of mitsuri, keeping her posture straight.

"so, anything interesting happen?"

"no." hikari lies. mitsuri gasps as she begins brushing hikari's hair, able to sense the lie from a mile away.

"ooh! tell me! tell me!" mitsuri giggles, wiggling in her seat. hikari blushes profusely, but she clears her throar nonetheless.

-▪︎☆♡☆▪︎-

"hey! what's the matter with you?!" tanjiro yells, grabbing muichiro's wrist. the mist pillar had just slapped a child, enraging the red-head.