Material desires chapter 1 part 2

Alejandro and I both waved the priest goodbye before he begins to leave.
As the priest takes his leave, Alejandro turns to me with a glare.
I'm use to him having quite an attitude, but never directly. He tries his best to keep his cool considering if I divorced him, his royal status would crush.
He puts his hand on my shoulder with force before speaking.
"Por qué alguna vez dirías eso? Nosotros no estamos listos para un niño. también tenemos problemas más grandes con los que lidiar, un niño no ayudará." He had an alarming, almost threatening voice. Even so, he was correct, we had much bigger problems to deal with, such as the gathering for all royalty. We are expected to arrive. I pushed his cold hand away and took a few steps backwards.
"déjame manejar las cosas por una vez."
I've never stood up to Alejandro, even before we were married. He comes from a long line of strong respectable men who have done great things and accomplished numerous amounts of goals. Alejandro might be strong and courageous, but he's nowhere near respectful.
He had a straight face.
A nothing face.
"si vamos a tener un hijo, será en mis términos. No tuve ningún problema en tener un hijo hasta que abriste la boca sobre la situación. Lo siento si parecí grosero, me encantaría que pudiéramos tener una niña o un niño. pero tenemos uno cuando digo que podemos. Espero que después del almuerzo estés preparado para ir a la reunión."
Of course, I cant make choices for my own body, only he can choose.
He has always chose everything. He grew up spoiled and now thinks a woman has to do every little thing he says.
I'm the one carrying the baby yet he's the one that makes the call.
He's the one who chooses if we keep it, the name, when it happens, everything is up to him. Then when the pressure is too much for him to bare, he'll throw his troubles onto me. That's all I am to him. A trash can.
Madam manzanita came charging through the entrance of the main hall.
Madam manzanita. A rich and powerful woman. No, she does not work for me, but does like to lend a helping hand. She comes from a long line of dukes. From this, she's the first woman to be born into the manzanita family in over 500 years, all other woman were married into the family, because of this she has continuously been left out of special events and greetings that her family has hosted. Not long ago, a rumor spread that she had lost communication with her mother. The rumor was not true, but it effected her deeply. The thought of losing her mother broke her down so much. Madam manzanita is now 26 And doing well for herself.
"My lady, there are some royal duties you must partake in at the moment, we would like for you to meet us in the north wing. Let me escort you."
"Emperor Huan of the Chinese empire has requested to attend the royal gathering that takes place later today. He says he wouldn't feel comfortable attending without your permission as the newest member to status. We need you to sign a few papers and documents also agreeing to all the terms. Please, follow me."
I look over at Alejandro.
He had a blank face once again. He was completely empty. Such a wise man that no one looks down on can also be an extreme pendejo. To think this man will be my husband for the rest of my life sometimes disturbs me. I never thought that such a nice young boy would grow up to be..
"Excuse me my lady, but we do need to hurry, we wouldn't want to start running behind."
I spaced out. I had completely forgot what we were even talking about.
"Of course madam. Lead the way, I will follow."
Madam manzanita began making her way through the hall as I followed. The walls were covered with paintings and portraits of my ancestors from hundreds of years ago. Beautiful royal blue carpets stretch along the path with gorgeous white and light pink flowers are leading the way. Midnight blue stained glass fills the broken walls.
"My lady, if you don't mind me asking, why did the great priest make such a sudden visit? He usually only shows up under special occasions. Even so, he did seem like he was in a hurry to leave."
Madam manzanita slows down before walking beside me.
Even I couldn't answer her question. Nobody could. Yes, the main topic was pregnancy, but the timing was indeed odd. A bit too odd for comfort.
"Even I'm not sure. The timing for all of this is extremely unorganized and tampered. It seems the king and I have such a tight packed schedule that the priest did not know what time was best. Even so, it would have been nice to find out he was coming sooner and not an hour before his arrival. Thank you for your concern."
I was hoping that nobody else would get suspicious of this sudden visit.
"I'm sure he only had good intentions. It seems you are his favorite queen since ojo del diablo.
Ojo Del Diablo.
The most hated queen in the nation. The queen who nearly destroyed the entire castle after her youngest daughter genesis passed away. She was a smart and independent woman. No one blinked twice when around her.
Most people still speak her name.
Her real name was Fatima.
Queen Fatima. My great grandmother. One of the reasons people do not trust the family as much as they did before. I've never truly hated her since she never truly meant any harm.
She was in pain.
The pain of losing something you loved so much.
I know how it feels to lose something or someone like that. But of course, people believe what they are told. 
The priest is now 213, and somehow still breathing. We use a lot of the nations best medicine to keep him in good condition even if he does quite well without it.
"Your highness, We have arrived at your main office. If you need anything please do not hesitate to ask for me."
Manzanita held out her hand as she opened the door. On the table was a small white snow like bear with a dozen or so naturally grown orchids. They looked as fresh as the morning breeze and as grand as a first class stairway. I walked into my office as manzanita closed the door behind me.
I walked over to the bear, questioning who exactly it was from.
I picked up the small bear and turned the bear around.
I was no less than surprised. I never expected something like this from someone so high class.
This gift made me feel human.
Like not everything I get has to be Authentic gold.
It was special to me now.
Something I have to keep safe.