Chapter 21: The Next Step

I began to feel very overwhelmed and uncomfortable even though no one was talking about it anymore.
I decided to get up and make myself a drink, and when I made it to the kitchen I noticed Colby had followed me.

"Hey are you okay?" He asked quietly, "you haven't said anything for a while."

I shook my head, "yeah no I'm fine, I could just really use a drink. You want one?"

"Yes please" he said with a small smile, and he then walked up close to me and leaned forward.

"Can we talk about it later?" He asked, his eyes serious.

He knew I was lying when I said I was fine. I slowly nodded and gave him a small smile to reassure him things weren't weird, and I started making our drinks.

As I poured mine I put about two shots worth of alcohol in there.

"Jesus" he said with a chuckle as he watched me.

"What? It's not like I'm driving home tonight" I said softly and shyly, though my eyes were playful.
Colby realized what I was getting at and a smile formed on his face.

"Make mine like that too."

I finished the drinks and we walked back to the couches and put ourselves into the conversation they were having.
We all stayed for another hour before people started to head home.

Before Corey left he mentioned how we needed to plan another trip soon, which we all agreed to. Him and Devyn said their goodbyes, then so did kevin, and before Aryia left he had to point out how hot our kiss was again. All I did was roll my eyes and Colby just said bye and he left. Me, Colby, Sam and Kat talked for a bit in the kitchen before we said our goodbyes.

I started feeling anxious as we walked out the door, knowing him and I were going to talk. We walked quietly to his apartment and he unlocked and opened it, letting me go inside first.

I turned on the lights and set my purse down, thinking in my head how I wished I'd had another drink. I didn't know what we were going to talk about, or how it was going to go.

Colby shut and locked the door and took off the sweatshirt he was wearing, revealing a white muscle t shirt that showed off his toned arms and I couldn't help but stare.

"It's weird to see you in white" I said, trying to act like I wasn't looking at his body.

Colby looked at me, then down at his shirt and chuckled.

"Yeah it is, now that you say that."

"It looks good though" I said with a smile as I went into his fridge to grab a water bottle.

When I closed the fridge Colby was standing behind where the door was, and he crossed his arms and smirked at me.

"You think I look good in everything."

I smiled and shrugged, "yeah but it's nice to see you in something that's not black or blue."

"True" he said, and our eyes locked for a few seconds before he was the one to look away.

He slowly walked over to the counter and leaned against it, his arms still crossed.

"So um, I didn't pressure you into doing that earlier, did I?" His eyes made their way up to mine and I swallowed hard.
He was talking about the kiss.

"No no, it wasn't you, everyone else did" I said with a small laugh as my cheeks flushed, "but it's okay, it's not that I didn't want to, I was just nervous."

"Why?" He asked, "we kissed before and you weren't nervous.."

Just him reminding me made my stomach turn. Kissing once before was crazy to think about.