Promises

I step outside of the limo and walk up the huge stairs in my beautiful white dress. Once I made it to the door, they opened it for me instantly.

Play; ice dance by Danny elfman.

The doors opened and the party was white with purple roses, I smiled as I walked through them. This made me so happy the party was exactly how she wanted it to be all these years.

In our tradition, the four year of the death there's a huge party thrown; with their favorite items and gifts...almost like a birthday. I walk in and all my mothers relatives run to me and give me a hug, well the ones who love me of course. "Hanako!!! You look so beautiful daring truly!" My aunt yells while I'm in her embrace, "where's grandma?" I ask my cousins and aunts, then they point to the food table.

I look over and she's talking to Kyo, and I feel my breath start to get heavy. If my grandmother tells him anything about my eyes or my past, I'll die. "If you excuse me, I'm going to speak to her." I say while breaking away quickly.

I move past the people dancing and taking till I make it to the table. As I'm approaching their conversation gets louder I hear their words.

"She's truly I good child, please give her time. I know she's different from the other assassins....maybe..weak almost. But she's been through so much." Her weak old voice shakes, "grandma! You must not tell all my business..." I laugh while pulling her into a hug.

"Kyo was she talking your head off?" I ask. "No. Not at all." He says bluntly, and then I turn my attention back to her. "If you excuse us grandma, I'll be right back." I say quickly then grabbing Kyo's arm and walking him to the side. "I'm sorry if she said anything offensive...." I say while bowing.

"Why do you do that?" He asks, then I look back up at him. "What do you mean?" I ask in confusion.

"You constantly say sorry, and apologize for things that haven't even happened. It's like you've trained everything to be your fault in your head." He says while looking at me. I feel my face get hot after that comment.

"Why do yoI always feel like you must speak what's on your mind?" I snap and then he chuckles at little. "That's just my personality I guess." He says while looking at me up and down. I get fluster by the second after he does that, then he lets out three words that make my body jolt. "You look nice." He says while looking at me with a smirk... "t-thank you..." I say while looking away, I couldn't make my eyes meet with his...I was to embarrassed.

That was the first time a boy has told me I look good. It's childish, but yet so amazing. I loved that comment, more than he probably thinks I do.

The swan • Camille saint- saens plays and then I my aunt runs up to us. "You two should dance!" She yells while pushing us onto the ball floor. "You're mother would love this!!" She says while clapping her hands.

"I'm fin-" I say but Kyo yanks me into his hands and we begin to slow dance. "I....said I'm fine." I huff while trying to let go. "Im only doing this because she said your mother would've wanted this." He says while spinning me then pulling me back into his embrace. "Thank you." I say while looking at him, because in this moment I couldn't.

I look around the room and no one else is dancing but us. Everyone's talking and pointing. Their mummers are heard slightly over the music, but I wasn't worried about that. It was my family....my father. I turn to them and I see my family staring in confusion, they had no time to be angry; because their daughter was dancing with the best assassin in the world. It was a compliment to them, they just don't think I deserve it.

"Don't pay them any mind." Kyo's voice lets out in my ear sending chills down my spine. "How can I not, nobody's saying anything. It's just us dancing." I whisper. Then he lets out another chuckle, "that's because you're dancing with the best assassin in the world, give them time to soak it all in." He says while dipping me down and hold me there.