Geralt...?

A/N - Sorry for taking such a while to update! I've been pretty busy and had major writer's block.

But, I hope the pure fluff makes up for it <3

"Drink some more tea," Yennefer coaxed the bard. "I assure you that it'll help you."

"It's easier than you being force-fed, that's for sure." Geralt... Smiled a fraction? And joked? But not in the ruthless, mean, sarcastic way that shattered every feeling he had inside?! It felt far stranger than Jaskier ever expected.

"Sure." He cleared his throat, reaching out for the cup and holding it ever so close to his mouth, but not without feeling the Witcher's gaze so cautiously on him. It was like he cared, but it couldn't be true. Maybe he was in shock over it all, or maybe the bard was delusional. Yeah. He told himself over and over again. I'm going delusional. This care is absolutely a matter of illusion. "Sure..." His hesitance kicked in as the cup hovered there, perilously.

"I get that." Ciri chipped in, "I think we need to leave Jaskier alone, Yen." She was rather inquisitive but observant, and detail-oriented. It all clicked together to make her up, and it impressed the mage heavily. "I think our beady stare is stopping him from drinking his tea."

"Very well, my child." Yennefer rested a hand on Ciri's head, and smiling more naturally than anyone had ever seen of her, she guided the girl to her room and locked the door behind them.

The bard let out a long, slow breath and let his eyes drift off to the liquid he was yet to drink, tipping the contents carefully in his mouth. Swallowing them, he put the cup aside and just sat there upright for a moment, wondering how this all came to be.

"You're safe in Yennefer's hands." The Witcher spoke up, deciding to sit next to Jaskier. The hair contact from earlier drove him... To a very strange, but delightful point, and it was safe to say he wanted that again. Apart from the desire, he wanted to see him well, out of all things. "She's been through hell and back, like all of us, but... She wouldn't hurt you."

The bard scoffed, his eyes remaining on his lap. "As you know, Geralt, she's got a firm hatred against me-"

Intervening with a shake of the head, Geralt spoke, letting out a sigh as he leaned back against the couch's surface. "She hates everyone."

"I HEARD THAT!" Yennefer cried.

Jaskier couldn't help but laugh, a smile growing on his face. It lit the Witcher up to see him smile. It made him all... Fuzzy again. It felt especially rewarding considering the bard was stuck in this rather sick state. He brought out those smiles somehow. A Witcher of all people did that. Maybe Vesemir had been lying all those years ago. Maybe Witchers having emotions wasn't foreign but rather left untouched, unexplored. Geralt fell hard for those myths, as he was...

"I'm glad to be travelling with you, Geralt."

Well, that came out of nowhere. Unexpected for Jaskier, too. The only logical response was to question it. Besides, at least he wasn't having a tantrum or expressing something of a more threatening nature.