V. Freezing Little Girl

Five

Five. Freezing Little Girl

          Bubblegum Girls don't mess with samurai swords and white caucasian boys

      The boys are worse than the swords, because they're the ones holding themguiding them. They were the ones cutting and slicing skin with babbling mouths of venom and blood coated smiles and glossy eyes nearly rolling from their sockets.

     Steve Harrington was trying to hide his distaste in Vera's idea, but she could see right through the façade. She knew him like that back of her hand. "Steve, please! C'mon, it could be fun!"

Could be. Could be. Could be.

   The boy sighed, leaning against the front of his car—Chrissy Cunningham was already sitting in his backseat, waiting patiently. Her fingertips messing with the edge of her green cheer skirt, her teeth sunken into her bottom lip as she looked around. She had a chill on the back of her neck. She hated being alone now.

"Vera, I don't know, man. I'm not the towns ideal dude anymore .. I get weird looks still being here, I should be in college or something bigger or whatever.. I don't know if a high school party is the scenery for me.. anymore."

   I really don't want to go without you is what I'm trying to say, Steve.

   Vera sighed gently, shoulders sagging a bit. "No one gives you weird looks! I'd like to let you know, half the girls in my english class still talk about you! Its actually kind of annoying, cause like, they know I'm sitting right there? I mean, we've been dating for the last hundred years—I think they do it to spite me..?" The girls eyes drifted off a bit with the random thoughts. Steve smiled gently, a hand cupping the side of the girls neck to bring her attention back to him. "Vera, baby, people still talk about your dad at this school. They love It Boys, doesn't mean they should still be here..?"

   Oh, okay, ouch, got it. The girl huffed, getting a little whiny. "Steve—C'mon, please! I really don't want to drive over with Jason Carver.. Plus, you get to hang out with me! At a party!" The boy grimaced, with humor. "Oh, God, how could I ever miss up the opportunity to party with Hawkins High's Best Babe!" The girl scoffed, cheeks fading red as she bit back a smile. "Steve.."