Chapter 16

Michael drove me to Julia's apartment in Atlanta so I could get all of my things, he helped me pack everything into two suitcases. I didn't own much, just enough to get by.

I also got to tell Julia the news that she would be an auntie in just over 7 months while Michael loaded the bags into the car. I hugged her goodbye and slowly walked to the car. I was going to miss being so close to my friends, but I knew that I could see them every week at dynamite.

It was a 14 hour drive to Cleveland where Michael was from. I hoped to sleep most of the way there, I hadn't slept well last night. All I could think about was Brandon and everything he had put me through.

"You're quiet, are you okay baby girl?"

I nod, "Just not looking forward to the 14 hour drive,"

"Who said the drive was 14 hours?"

"You live in Cleveland right?"

"Not anymore, I bought us a house in Nashville, I know you're a southern girl, and I wasn't going to take you away from what you're used to,"

I had grown up in Alabama and Georgia, but didn't talk much about my family. My mom had passed away when I was 10, and my dad went crazy, he started abusing me. When I was 18, I left home and never looked back.

"Babe? You zoned out again,"

"Sorry, I'm lost in thought, I was thinking about my past,"

"You never have to worry about him again love,"

"Not him, about my family,"

"Oh, you never told me anything about your family,"

"There isn't much to tell, my mom died when I was 10, my dad because abusive, and me being the only child had to deal with it. I left home at 18 and never talked to my dad again,"

"You've never really known what its like to be loved, have you?"

"Not until I met you Michael,"

"I promise that I'm always going to love you and take care of you, and our children, no matter what,"

I gently squeeze his hand, "thank you,"

"For what?"

"Changing my life, showing me what it means to be loved,"

"You're welcome love, you better get used to it, there's going to be a lot of dates in your future, first thing I'm going to do is take you shopping for some more clothes, you barely have anything,"

"You don't have to Michael, I have enough clothes for a few days,"

"This house has a walk in closet, and you need more than a few outfits, we'll also get you some maternity clothes, that you can wear as baby grows,"

I knew there was no use in protesting, so I went along with the idea. I close my eyes and listen as he talks about the house. I could almost picture it in my mind.

I had fallen asleep, only waking up when Michael gently shook me awake. "Baby girl we're here,"

"Sleepy," I mumble and lay my head against the window

He laughs and gently carries me into the house, laying Me down in bed "take a nap love, I'll give you the grand tour when you wake up,"