Chapter 1

In one dark night...

An assassin and his acquaintance were in their car, prowling for their targeted prey. Kyo stared blankly at the window and loaded his gun as his acquaintance, Kohaku kept on driving. Kyo kept his eyes in each alleyway they passed, looking for their target.

Kohaku then stopped the car, "He's here Kyo, good luck." She greeted him before he left the car. Kyo hid his gun and scruffled his hair in front of his face before approaching a blonde haired man wearing a hood over his head.

His target was a man who ran a huge drug distribution business, Len Kagamine.

"Hey, looking for a few packets?" The blonde man asks him.

"Are you Len? Len Kagamine?" The assassin asked for the man's identity to make sure. The man reached for the weapon in his pocket. "Hey, let me do the asking first. Are you a cop?"He questioned Kyo.

Kyo shook his head as the man gave him a smirk.

"Alright, since you answered my question well I'll answer yours too. My name is Len Kagamine, do you need anything?"Len asked Kyo.

When Kyo heard his name, he knew he had to make a move. "Oh Len, I just need one packet! One that's enough to blow your head off!"Kyo commented before pulling the trigger. It was quick and Kyo made a run back to the car.

I work as an assassin to be able to provide enough money for my two siblings. I was eager enough to go through all of this just for money. Sometimes a mission can be as fast as a second, sometimes they can be as long as a month.

But no matter the time length, they always have the same goal. It's to assassinate the target.

Kyo went back to the car and shut the door. "Of course, it's another mission done for Kyo! Well done buddy!"Kohaku happily greeted her partner. "Thanks Unity, but remember that I couldn't make that escape without you!"Kyo pointed out as Kohaku laughed it off.

"Today was great but tomorrow will be much harder! Remember the big mission?"Kohaku excitedly reminded Kyo. He gave her a confused look as Kohaku suddenly remembered.

"Ohhh, I forgot you weren't there that time! Let me explain it as fast as possible!"Kohaku told him before taking a deep breath. "So have you heard of ShionMarks? The company?"She questioned him, Kyo nodded and Kohaku continued.

"Did you know that there has been cases of them infringing the rights of workers? I heard they have been forcing workers to work in the most inhumane conditions! I heard that they impact the environment in a lot of ways too."She mentioned in shock as Kyo sat there in silence, feeling a bit tense.

Kyo blanked out.

Sure, I was an assassin.

But do I even have the right skill to do this?

No, I don't need to think about it. It's for my siblings.

And for someone else—

"Kyo? Hello?? Earth to Kyo?" Kohaku then interrupted his train of thoughts as she tried to get his attention back. "I-I'm listening! Just keep on going!"Kyo assured his acquaintance.

Kohaku adjusted her rear view mirror and continued, "We have multiple targets for this one, it includes the two heads of the company and the heir of ShionMarks. First off, we're going to assassinate the two heads first. And then after that, we'll hold the heir for ransom and get them to end their company once and for all!"Kohaku excitedly introduced her plan.

Kyo stared at her blankly, "Unity, why do we need to kill the two heads if we're going to hold the heir hostage anyway?"He asked her, Kohaku then flicked his forehead.

"You idiot, the two heads keep the heir secure of course! Think of it as a game of chess. The king represents the heir and the queen represents the two heads!" Kohaku told him

I thought it was stupid but I'm not supposed to complain about it. It's best if I follow someone else's plan instead.

Kohaku then stopped behind a fast food chain."Hey, is this your stop?"

"Mhm, thanks for the ride Unity."Kyo nodded

"Don't forget your fast food uniform before you go, you don't want your siblings finding out about your job!"Kohaku reminded him before driving away.

It was another tiring day for Kyo, he wore a fake uniform and went home to his two brothers.

It was late at night...

He opened the door and was greeted by his younger brother, Yuu. His younger brother had a smile that reached from ear to ear. "Kyo! You're finally home!" Yuu smiled and hugged his older brother.

"Yuu! How was school?" Kyo patted his head. "It was fine, it wasn't as bad as yesterday!"He happily exclaimed. Kyo then saw his older brother, Wil. He was cooking something in the kitchen.

"Oh hey brother, I know you're pretty tired with work so I decided to cook dinner for now. It's my first time so hopefully you enjoy it."Wil told him as he placed the dish on a plate.

Even if work was tiring, life still isn't bad.

Yuu fixed his hair and looked at Kyo. "Kyo, why do you always take so long at work?"His younger brother asked him.

"Well, that's because I work overtime so I can get paid more!"Kyo smiled as he answered his question. Wil placed the plates on the table as they all sat down for dinner.

Wil watched the two take bites out of the meal.

"So? How was my cooking?"Wil asked the two. Yuu stared at him blankly and muttered, "I think I like Kyo's cooking more." Kyo let out a chuckle as Wil glared at Yuu.

They might be unaware of my profession but I don't think they'll take the news very well.

So I think it's best to keep it this way for now.

After all, I always liked taking the easy way out like a coward.