Chapter 2

The morning was warm and moist.

Kyo woke up from the sound of his phone alarm going off, today marks the start of the big mission. He felt uneasy while he prepared himself for work. Filled with fear, he can barely move nor think properly. Thoughts were racing in his head.

“Hey Kyo! You ok?” Wil tapped his shoulder and got Kyo’s attention. “Oh, I’m alright. I might take much longer in work though.” He said worriedly, “Good luck on your job, Kyo!” Yuu happily exclaimed.

Kyo left them with a carefree smile and waved goodbye to his siblings, promising them something that was the complete opposite of what he felt internally. The guilt was too overwhelming for him to take.

Was this the consequence of my cowardly nature?

Kyo thought to himself while he sat on the train, waiting to reach his next destination. He opened his bag and took his phone out. Kyo then mindlessly stared and scrolled through his phone. Scrolling tirelessly, a strange image then suddenly caught the assassin’s attention. 

That image represented a lost memory.

He stumbled across an old image of him and his friend happily holding each other.

That warm image of Kyo and his pink-haired friend relieved a portion of his guilt.

In all honesty,

I didn't choose this sinful job just for financial reasons. It was for him too. I chose to work immorally so I can find my friend who mysteriously disappeared.

Everyone around me believed it was because of 'family matters' but I refuse to believe that.

I never wanted to waste my time asking professionals who barely gave me anything, I wanted to take matters into my own hands.

It was my own decision, it was the effective one I saw in this dire situation.

"Station 4, I repeat, we're stopping at station 4."The conductor announced. Kyo got up and went to his position. He leaned next to the staircase, waiting for his targets.

Losing his focus, he checked his phone to see the face of his friend once again as he questioned himself.

Why would my friend even leave me without warning?

I suspect that something suspicious surely happened to him. In fact, I had never seen the rest of his family.

Kyo then placed his phone back in his bag and prepared for an attack.

His target were the heads of the company, a brown haired woman in red accompanied by a man wearing a blue scarf. Kyo noticed that an unexpected person also came with them, it was a man that was much older than the two.

He safely assumed that the man was either a bodyguard or a relative.

Kyo searched his bag, looking for a weapon that can quickly kill the two without attracting any negative attention. As he searched his bag, he slowly realized that Kohaku didn't give him a plan. Panic started to set in.

He had no idea what to do, he held his bag close and tried to find a possible opening that he can go through.

"Unity, you idiot. How come you didn't leave me with a plan?!"Kyo whispered to himself.

Kyo can't find a single opening, he felt helpless as he went around aimlessly with his weapon.

The place was too crowded and he can't make a single move without looking suspicious.

How can I even end this without attracting attention?

Kyo was terribly nervous. While he tries to think of a plan himself, he tries to keep his distance from the group.

A scent then caught the helpless assassin.

The smell of freshly baked pastries and cookies gave Kyo a possible idea. He opened his bag and took a strange small bottle.

"Poison."