➳ Chapter 4: Underwater City?!

A day has passed ever since that mission as lately you've kept yourself awfully quiet, you barely argued with Yoru as you ignored him most of the time, and you spoke to Jett and the others only when they come to talk to you. It concerned the agents in the protocol as most of the time you were chill with everyone, especially Sage. She knew something was wrong ever since the mission occurred and she decided to finally confront you about it. When she confronted you about it, you told her about everything, the incident that happened, and Yoru practically blamed you during the mission. After you told her, Sage tried to convince Yoru to apologize to you but his pride wouldn't let him, he did feel bad but he can't help himself to admit it. 

~~~

"Hey, guys? So erm, lately Kingdom Co. from the Omega Earth has been a little... crazy." Killjoy announced.

"Seriously, why?" Neon asked.

"Viper says they want C/N for some unknown reason," Killjoy says.

You cleared your throat loudly as you entered the kitchen to find them talking about you, you interrupted as you raised an eyebrow as they turned their heads to look at you. "Mind telling me why I was mentioned in your little conversation." You said, curiously. Killjoy chuckled nervously as she replied "Ahaha... I have some unfortunate news to share. So basically, Kingdom Co. wants you uh... dead, sorta." She said, unsurely. Your eyes widened in shock as you looked at them in surprise. You then shrieked "K-Kingdom?! A-after m-me?" You said, stuttering. 

"Oi C/N, Brimstone is yelling. Mission. Let's go." Yoru walked in abruptly.

You turned at him and rolled your eyes as you scoffed, "Tch, okay. I'll see you guys later." You said before walking out of the kitchen as you followed Yoru silently.

~~~

"Wait we're going to Omega Earth?!" You spoke. 

Sage sighed "I tried to convince Brimstone not to let you come to this mission today but he said your abilities to get the radianite are very useful, I'm sorry." She said, feeling pity.

"I mean, if it's for the mission then I dunno... I guess it's fine." You huffed out.

Sage gave you a small smile as you both turned your heads to the portal opening up, it starts as it lit up brightly. The portal then begins to show an entrance, leading to Omega Earth. Yoru walks as he gets into the portal, transported to the other side with confidence. You and Sage then followed suit as you were introduced to an underwater city. The huge body of water was above the glass separating you from the water, the place had statues with familiar agents. As you were observing the place, you were interrupted by a soft tone. 

"Hey C/N, have you been here before?" Sage asks.

"No, I don't think so." You replied unsurely. 

Sage nods as she pulls out a gadget that looks like it was from Killjoy, Sage then looks at the coordinates for where the radianite is placed as the device shows its locations. She then transfers the coordinates to your device as it finished moving, you looked at your device to see where the radianite is located as you breathed before using your ability as you ran fast. You ran as you were now near to the radianite, you hid behind an object as you scanned around the area to see guards from Kingdom Co. transporting radianite into a ship. You scowled as you contacted Sage through your earpiece, "I found them but there seems to be trouble," You said. The voice of the other line of your earpiece then spoke up, "Alright, we'll be there in a second. Me and Yoru will try to steal the other radianite from another place here." Sage articulated.

"Okay." You responded as you hung up and continued to look around for any openings that could potentially help you kill the guards. You thought of a plan for a moment as you took action. Using your ability, you turned invisible as you sneakily sprinted to the guards that were loading the radianite in the ships. You easily knocked them out, and you hit the guards as you shot some of them down while still invisible. 

You then revealed yourself as you suddenly felt a bullet digging into your arm, you shrieked as you felt the pain in your arm. 

"Hey, it's her!" A loud voice shouted.

You whipped your head around to see a Kingdom guard pointing at you as he begin to run after you. You panicked as you started to run, sprinting fast using your ability as you run into alot of objects and obstacles. "Damnit, did they use those guards as baits?!" You mentally screamed at yourself, you didn't have time to think as you continued to focus on the situation you got in. You looked behind to see multiple guards chasing after you, your eyes widened as you used your ability to turn invisible but suddenly you screamed as one of the guards shot your thigh two times, the small bullets dug into your flesh as you slowed down from running, your instincts immediately kicked in as you contacted Sage through your earpiece. "S-Sage! Help me, Kingdom is after me right now!" You practically cried out loudly. The voice from the other line spoke in terror, "C/N! Are you hurt?!" She said, worry in her voice. "Y-yeah! Please just help me, there's too many of them!" You yelled back, as you eventually lost your power to run as you begin to limp. 

A hand then hit behind your neck as you lost all of your balance completely and fell back, your body hitting on the ground harshly. Your earpiece fell as you tried to reach for it. "C/N! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!" Another voice said from the fallen earpiece as you hear in the distance a familiar female voice. "C/N, SHE'S HERE!" You hazily looked to see the two agents in the distance as they start to fight against the guards, you winced at the pain of the injuries you got as you got this chance to turn invisible as you crawled to a nearby wall and pressed your back onto the hard surface. Whimpering as you tried to calm yourself down. 

You then unused your ability as you rested there, shaking. As you rest there, you see from above an aircraft coming down as it landed on the ground. "Finally..." you thought to yourself, unexpectedly, you felt two arms picking you up from the ground you looked at the person who held you to see Yoru. Your eyes widened as anger rose, "Hey! Go away from me!" You thrashed around as you squirmed, struggling against him. 

"Stop- Hey! Stop that, I'm just gonna carry you to the ship- Dude chill!" He said, trying to stop you to which you awkwardly obliged. 

"Hmph... f-fine." You said as you were carried to the aircraft, finally resting there comfortably. 

~~~

After the mission occurred, Sage then healed you up as your bandaged well. You laid down in your bedroom as you sighed. Sage was beside you, tending to your wounds as she spoke up sweetly, "It's okay C/N, we still got the radianite so the mission was successful." She said. You glanced at her as you then replied, "I-I know but... I just panicked cause I thought I was gonna be taken away by Kingdom... again." You muttered out, looking away as you turned your body in the opposite direction of the kind woman. Dismay washing you over. The door to your room opens to reveal Yoru, looking concerned. "Uh Sage, you mind giving me and C/N some erm... alone time?" He asked awkwardly as he scratched behind his neck. Sage blinked a few times, confused but obliged as she smiled. "Of course, I'll take my leave now then." She said as she left the room, shutting the door behind her, leaving the two of you alone in the room.

Oh boy...

A/N: i'll actually be honest here I barely know anything the omega earth or something in valorant lol and i also barely know the new map in the game which is pearl so i'm sorry if there could be some mistakes in this chapter :,)