Epilogue and Author's Addendum

Epilogue: Meeting the Parents

"They'll love you for sure." Juno beamed beside Legosi, the two walking down the pathway between the houses in the suburb that Juno knew in and out. In his other hand was the suitcase handle, the bulky case rolling over the floor. The sky was a dark orange and purple that slowly turned darker and darker, the train ride to the other side of town taking longer than expected, both of them arriving late in the evening.

Of course, it would be a lie to say that Legosi wasn't nervous. The now eighteen-year-old wolf visiting his girlfriend's family for the first time ever. It was something that, of course, was a bit outside of his comfort zone but in the end, he didn't complain. To make Juno happy he would go just about anywhere.

"I know, I'm a young handsome wolf with the Beastars title. No reason to be nervous." Legosi recounted what Juno had told him just on the train ride. Juno giggled while her hand brushed over the back of his head, soothing him a bit.

"There is no way that mom and dad would dislike you. Amara might be a bit quiet but that's certainly not because of you, that's just how she is." Juno's hand on his head counteracted some of the anxieties while the excitement in her voice made him eager to meet her parents.

"Amara was the quiet one right?" Legosi asked, Juno's hand now away from his head grasping his hand.

"Yep. Always a brooding thinker that's her. She'll probably be more preoccupied with her own mind than anything else."

"And Hoshiko?" Legosi rattled off the list like following a protocol.

"She'll probably talk about her business school and plans on starting her own company... once again more occupied with herself than you, even though she will ask questions more likely than Amara will." Juno casually explained, her hand still holding his tightly. She swung her hip slightly into his side.

"Don't be so worried. It's not like you have anything to hide, they won't care that you're a hybrid. They will care that you make me happy, and that's everything that matters." Juno's words were sweet like honey and yet there was still the faint buzz of nervousness in the back of his mind.

Legosi slowly came to the realization that he would never truly get rid of all the fear, but that was ok. What mattered was the moment in itself, not the fear of it happening. And he knew overall that the fear had weakened after telling Juno that he was a hybrid. He knew that he had her faith so he would know that he was in safe hands.

They came to a halt right before a fence door. The fence was a solid wood painted in a tan coloring that blocked the view of the house's backyard. Yet the quaint and comfortable red brick family home's second floor peaked above the fences, light coming from a few of the rooms up there.

Before Legosi could make another comment to try and vent his raising nervousness the wolfess had moved in front of him, looking up at his face. She planted her hands firmly on his cheeks, softly letting her thumbs feel through the fur.

"We're Beastars. There's nothing we couldn't handle." Legosi smiled at Juno, delighted at her loving voice.

"That we are." Legosi dipped down and kissed Juno, the two hugging just outside of her childhood home. After they separated, Juno grabbed for the key in her pocket and let it sink into the lock, turning with a slight tug and a little rattling of the key in the door.

"Dad said he would fix this damn door." Juno's face showed a few lines of frustration as she finally unlocked the door, which swung open with a creak of the hinges, obviously needing tending too. Juno stepped through first, Legosi peeking through the open door into the garden.

What he saw were lovely smelling flower fields framed by bricks placed in lovely patterns. The front garden looked like a beautiful display of creativity and showed the utmost dedication. Whoever tended to this garden loved and cared for it like Legosi himself cared for Kabu.