five , into the webs

the hellfire clubfive , into the webs

the hellfire club
five , into the webs

"are you buying drugs from eddie?" the voice of dustin henderson caused venelope's hand to pause as it reached inside her book bag, mid way into getting out her books to load back in her locker now that the school day had been over. the boy's youthful face, along with mike wheeler's were hidden by her locker door. the two had been waiting outside in the halls for her to get out of her last class, eager questions causing them to bounce on their toes the moment she stepped out with her same usual, i'd rather be falling to my death than be here, expression she had perfected. venelope knew the moment she saw them that she would get an ear full and a piece of her traveled back to the cafeteria where she watched eddie send them in search of lost sheeps.

you didn't have to be a genius to know that's why they were seeking her presence.

a sigh left the back of her throat, deep and tired, not keen on having to explain herself. venelope shook her head, declining the accusation smoothly. her hand had reached deeper into her bag and pulled the last remaining textbook out, placing it on top of the already messy pile of belongings she had thrown into the locker rather than sliding them neatly into place. her excuse today : she had places to be, people to see, headaches to cure. and no time to organize something that would just be a mess the next day around this time.

"no, dustin, i don't do drugs . . you know that," the lie toppled off her tongue like butter. dustin and mike shared a glance before a simultaneous shrug pushed the accusation aside, the two believing her easily. venelope would be the last person caught buying drugs.

at least that's what she wanted them to think, and as usual, she successfully achieved her wishes.

"then why else would you speak to eddie? i didn't even think you even knew his first name," dustin questioned further. venelope's hand found the door of the locker and she closed it quickly, revealing a wide eyed dustin staring at her in question. mike stood behind him, no words to be said at the moment. venelope's eyes grazed over them each before she shrugged, readjusting the strap to her book bag on her shoulder before she pivoted away from them, answering them without much thought.

"he's lived in my trailer park since we were kids, of course i know his name. and i had to return some of his mail that was accidentally delivered to my house," she began to walk down the halls and through the forming crowds of students. strategically moving along the wave's of people without having her shoulders brush against theirs, venelope did her best to remove herself from the crowd as quickly as she could. it was rush hour, the first ten minutes after the last bell was absolute hell and she had learned overtime that if you didn't get out of there in a maximum of thirty seconds, you'd be swallowed by the tsunami of kids making out in the walkway and jocks forming a huddle of cheerleaders and assholes blocking the only exits to leave.