«12» Shattered

I am SOOO happy to be back and writing again! I hope you enjoy the chapter!

-Biana-

Tears streamed uncontrollably.

I didn't know how long I had been crying, my face buried in a mascara-stained pillow.

It's not like I cared.

I felt a hand on my shoulder as I noticed the bed's weight shift, someone had sat down.

It was Fitz. "Bi-"

"I'M SO STUPID!"

I sat up and faced him. "That's not even the worst part. It's not even like Tam to do that! I'M THAT PATHETIC I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY!"

"You're not pathetic, Bi." He tried to pull me into a hug but I pulled away.

"Yes, I am." I went to wipe my neck and face but felt something cold.

Anger surged through my vanes and I gritted my teeth. I ripped the necklace off my neck and threw it as hard as I could across the room. Multicolored crystals fell to the ground as a lamp shattered.

Flashbacks sent my mind spinning into my worst memories. The cold expression on Vespera's face didn't change at all as I fought to protect my friends. The way the mirror's shards fell, piercing my skin. Ruining my perfect image, externally and internally. How my eyes fluttered shut, my mind going unconscious from the blood loss. I felt my own mind slowly seep into the darkness, but I resisted the urge to faint.

I have to be strong.

"I need more time," I whispered to Fitz, wiping my eyes.

"Biana, you've spent almost two hours in here, like this. Everyone left after Sophie told everyone where they found you. Mom says you need to go to sleep, and I agree. But first I want to know what happened. I know there's trouble with you and Tam. Thanks for telling me you are together, by the way.

"Not anymore. Did he tell you?"

"Yes, Bi. Tam doesn't know what happened, he's confused and worried for you. He told me to come to check on you and make sure you were okay. He wanted me to let you know that he was sorry, for whatever he did. Tam wants to talk to you, Bi. Work things out." My brother took my hands in his.

"Sorry won't cut it." I pulled my hands away and avoided his gaze, my eyes fixated on one of my favorite pairs of shoes.

"Tell me what happened, then."

"It won't change anything. Just leave."

Fitz didn't pry any longer. He reached into one of his pockets and a folded piece of paper came into view. He sat it down next to me and took one more glance at my sorrow-filled eyes before leaving.

I stared at the note for such a long time I thought eventually my eyes word bore holes into it.

I finally picked the piece of paper up and read:

1pm Monday.

The café of our first date.

-Tam

Hope you loved the chapter! More soon!

Bye<3