And sings the tune without the words

"I call bullshit." Gally declared after the keepers listened to Newt's description of the events that led to the missing food and destroyed kitchen. "A girl? More importantly, a girl who can call a griever to her aid and we're only now hearing about her?!" He laughed.

Alby gave a light chuckle,
"I wanna believe you man, I do. None of us have seen a girl before, but it just doesn't seem real."

"Yeah, sorry Newt, are you sure you didn't imagine her?" Minho grinned, slapping him on the back.

"I swear it's true Minho! You bloody shuck heads were just snoring too loud to hear her scream!" Newt huffed.

"As strange as it seems, do we really think Newt would lie? I mean, he's probably the most mature and sensible of all us shanks." Thomas threw an arm around his shoulders, ruffling his gold hair.
"Unless he's gone crazy, been stuck in here too long." The boys all snickered but nodded in agreement.

Newt was relieved but still curious about the girl. He frowned, remembering the blood seeping from the wounds in her hands and face. He didn't like the look of fear on her face when she saw him.

Isla pov:
Her shoulder hurt like hell and as Fala skidded to a stop outside her house Isla knew it was dislocated. She climbed off Fala's back and began to remove the saddle but a burst of pain in her scapula caused Isla to let out a whimper and withdraw her arm quickly.

"Ready sinta? On the count of three I need you to pop my shoulder back in, okay?" Isla instructed the griever. Fala gave an affirmative click and Isla began to count.

"One... Two... Thr- Aaahhowwch!" Her scream could be heard from the glade, "I said three Fala!" The griever clicked at her. "I would not have chickened out! I don't like your attitude!" The griever poked her and Isla grinned.

She flung her arms around the griever's neck.
"I love you sinta, always remember that. I won't leave you."

Newt pov:
A scream of pain echoed through the glade and without thinking, Newt dropped his shovel and sprinted for the entrance to the maze. Minho had already left and Thomas was busy so there was no one to stop him.

He wasn't running very fast due to his limp but when Gally tackled him it still hurt. They went tumbling across the glade, limbs tangled, heads bashing, knees and elbows where knees and elbows should never be, as Newt fought to push Gally off of him so he could get to the girl.

He recognised her scream, he didn't know how but it was familiar in the same way the sound of the gladers crying or Minho laughing or Gally snoring was. The kind of familiarity that only comes with years of memories. He didn't know her now but he knew she was important.

Alby reached the spot where Newt and Gally had come to a halt and he pulled Gally off of Newt as Gally tried to explain how Newt had started randomly running towards the entrance after he heard the scream.

"Newt! You of all people should know not to go into the maze! I expected better." Alby reprimanded him. The disappointment in his voice made Newt duck his head in shame but his hands were still shaking as he remembered the terror in that scream.

"Newt will be spending tonight in the slammer for breaking one of our most important rules." Alby's tone was final but Newt protested anyways. He knew that as soon as no one was watching he was going into that maze, consequences be dammed.

A/N: dammed is purposely spelt like that in reference to pjo.
So, Newt remembers her screams? I wonder why?
Btw, this will be the average length of chapters from now on.

So, Newt remembers her screams? I wonder why? Btw, this will be the average length of chapters from now on