Crossroads Deal - Dean Winchester

As Dean stares at the body that's covered in a hotel room bedsheet  laying a few feet away from him as he remembers back to the day he met the woman who changed it all for him.

"Who are you?" Y/N growls at the two intruders, pointing her gun between the gun between them, the safety off and her finger ready to pull the trigger if she needs too.

"We're here to help," the taller one says, his hands up in surrender. His facial worry and a little fear in his eyes. "Bobby called us. He said you need some help."

"That doesn't answer my question!" She growls again, clearly more agitated than a few seconds ago.

"I'm Sam. This is my brother, Dean."

"Winchester?" She asks slightly lowering her gun giving each of the men a once over, her eyes still narrowed as she remains on alert. Dean couldn't blame her. All the good hunters were always on high alert, not trusting anyone until they proved they could be trusted. It was a reckless move if you weren't on high alert.

"Yeah." Dean speaks lowering his arms as she seems to relax a little.

"Bobby sent you?"

Both the men nod.

"Would you mind completely lowering that? I don't feel like getting shot by some chick today," Dean snarks unimpressed.

She completely lowers her gun, glaring at him and goes back to doing what she was doing before being rudely interrupted by them all while explaining to them what case she was working and why she needed the help.

Dean watched and listened to her closely and intently. He noticed the stiffness in her posture, the cold tone in her voice, and the way she would barely look at them as she explained everything and showed them all the evidence she had collected. He got that they were strangers to her and he never expected her to embrace them with open arms but this felt different. Her standoffishness seems to go a little deeper than workplace professionalism.

It didn't help this case seems to be a particularly tough case, a werewolf and vampire working together to make some kind of hybrid. Y/N and the Winchesters, being the experienced hunters that they are, thought they had seen it all until this case. It was strange from the moment Y/N started working it. A fresh a set of eyes and Bobby's input really helped her. Of course it came with a lot of arguing, someone being used as bait and their plan going to hell, something that wasn't new for the Winchester brothers. All three hunters were injured in more ways than one and barely made it out alive. Y/N was grateful for the help knowing if she kept working the case alone, she'd be going to hell a lot sooner than expected. Crossroads would have really loved that.

Once they were back at the hotel room, Dean, who had the least injuries patched himself up and then helped Sam and Y/N. He was wrapping Y/N's lower arm when he noticed she had a far away look in her eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked her.

"Just thinking about how we already have enough monsters in the world and how we don't need anymore. But here we are, monsters creating new monsters." She sighs. "How crazy is that?"

"If this job has taught me one thing, it's that there's much more out there than we think," Dean says finishing up the bandage.

"And that we're always going to be shocked by something when we know we should always expect the unexpected." She adds.

"Exactly," he agree with her. "Now are you sure you're going to be okay on your own?"

"I've managed this far, haven't I?" She smiles at his genuine concern for her. Over the five days they've been working together, her stone cold attitude towards them had slightly melted. She could admit that she trusted the brothers to have her back and she would have there's. They proved themselves to each other with this case. "I have your numbers now so if I need to, I'll call you after I call Bobby."