Hello Mr. Dark Side

I've managed to dodge everybody, staying under the radar for.. like.. I don't even know how long. Honestly, I was too tired to keep track of the hour at this point. Two days? One and a half? Twelve, I don't know. My phone on silent and muted. Buuut.. Then I got the most wonderful idea.

'Rue plz tell me you can keep my existence a secret rite now' I plead with my friend over the phone, knowing if anyone could keep a secret about something like this, it would be her.

'Yoooo tf u been bruh your sisters literally freaking the fuck out'

'r u alone?' 

'at the moment not gonna be soon tho y'

'I'm curious where you got the.. stuff' I subtly ask.

'stuff? 😑 drugs theyre called drugs marina'

'I'm sorry!😭 I thought you cant like text stuff like that or something'

'its fine marina but if ur wondering where i get them weeeeellll.. how about you come find out😈' I raise a brow, humming as I see a new text from her. It was an address, one I'm not familiar with. So of course, my interest was piqued. Fuck it, send it.

 Fuck it, send it

"So, I just..?" I look up almost unsure at first. Rue nods giving a half smile, it clear she was already higher than a fucking kite. Elliot looking almost as unsure as me. Elliot.. The kid that was running from the jock boys at school before? Yeah, I'm at his house now. He was confused, still confused by my sudden appearance here. Rue not saying anything about it before hand.

"You uh, you sure you-" Elliot stopped himself from continuing, me going in and snorting the whole line in one go. I instantly felt this huge rush go through me, almost the feeling you get while riding up a huge roller coaster. The anticipation and heaviness, slowly but quickly coming to the top before finally just.. You ride it out.

     Everything just letting go and my senses leaving with it. I fell back onto the bed mindlessly, my arms spread-out lazily. I stared at the ceiling in a daze, hearing one of them, which I could easily guess was Rue, snort the last line that was on the book I just had. Not even realizing it had been taken from my hold.

     I heard laughing, it sounding distance and far away. Echo-y like sounding. It wavering as it came in waves almost. I looked in the direction if it slowly, Rue smiling down at me. Her face seeming to be overly bright and cheerier, everything swaying and twisty but in a pretty and artistic way almost. Everything warped but it wasn't scary. It was trippy and mind trapping. Interesting and attention grabbing.

"Feels good, doesn't it? Welcome to the dark side, kid." I laughed out senselessly, my mouth ajar from the euphoria.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Dark Side.." I chuckled breathlessly. It slowly increasing as Rue chuckled out some. Her chuckling causing me to laugh, in return her doing the same until we were both laughing hysterically.

     I exclaimed heavily at the increasing euphoric feeling, my mind finally finding a moments peace, wanting nothing more than for this feeling to never end.

"Sorry it took so long to finally meet ya." I chuckled out some more, Rue lying beside me on the bed laughing some more. My mind barely noticing Elliot standing there looking at us almost incredulously.

      I felt my eyes ever slowly open, my mind still somewhere else and everything still.. buzzing. I felt my head roll, almost like I wasn't in full control of my movements.

"Oh, some ones up early for their first night of drugs." I groaned, head rolling back as I force myself onto my stomach. My head felt heavy physically and mentally, it plopping down on my folded arms harshly as I glanced up at Elliot. I was almost in the middle of the bed, him up on the top corner of the bed and Rue..

      My eyes flicked down, half lidded to the floor, seeing a mass that I quickly determined was Rue laying sloppily on the floor.

     I let my eyes raise up to Elliot, him examining me closely. It was quiet for a second as I realized I had let my eyes fall shut again. Opening them as I noticed so, forcing myself to wake up, not really that I wanted to but my mind wouldn't actually let me go back to bed right now anyways.

"Thanks again for uh, for directing those guys elsewhere at.. At school.. That was pretty cool of ya. I think I could have taken them though." He tried. I blinked, turning my head some to look at him more, a small airy chuckle coming out, to groggily to fully react.

"They would have destroyed you." Oh God, please don't tell me I sounded like Faye. I halt at the thought, my eyes stinging as I remind myself of them. Her, but, essentially, she reminded me of the other two, too.

"Maybe.. Hey look, uh.. I know I'm new to this group and all but.. I mean.. maaaaybe you should like, try calling your sister or something. She's been wicked worried. Last I knew, nobody knows where you are. Your dad's been freaking out, even more so since you stopped going to school." He stumbles at first, suddenly shaking whatever hesitation he had off.

"Nobody needs to know where I am. You can tell her, if you want. That I'm safe, but.. You tell her I'm here; I'll make sure I'm gone before she steps foot in the house." I admit openly and bluntly. Blinking lazily at him.

"Come on. Marina, it's Marina, right?" I blink plainly, him nodding in quick acceptance, sitting up more and gets more to my level on the bed.

"I've been hanging out with these two a lot recently and uh.. Your sister. She's been worrying about you nonstop, Marina. Maybe you too should talk to her or something." I sigh closing my eyes as I looked up to the ceiling.

"I tried talking to her, and she lied. I tried talking to him, and he yelled at me.. I try and talk and it just makes everything worse. I just.. I don't wanna feel or think about anything else anymore." My voice cracks some, keeping my gaze fixed on the ceiling. The feeling of dread and defeat working its way up, quick to make me flustered despite how tired and depressed I was. Too tired to even think I could manage tears, but there I was, the dam quick to start cracking.

"Hey, hey.." He rushes to my side, almost cradling my head as he silently soothes me.

"I know.. I know. Nobody likes the thoughts and not everybody gets them and maybe that's a little unfair but.. but you're not alone." I didn't realize how hard I was crying, nor noticed for how long. Elliot holding me as long as I cried and long after that. Holding me as I eventually cried myself back to sleep. Fucking drugs man..