Chapter 6

Percy's P.o.V.

As out of it as I was, I still managed to put up my sword and point it at the chicken. This was one of the weirdest things that had happened to me, and I still wasn't entirely sure what was happening.

A chicken-

-let me say that again-

-A CHICKEN was attacking us.

Piper shoved me out of the way as the bird flew at us, gaining impressive speed as it shuffled across the ground at a high velocity.

"PIPER MCLEAN I WANT YOUR HEART!!" It kept shrieking. "PIPER MCLEAN I WANT YOUR HEART!!"

Piper kicked it when it got close to her, accidentally aiming it at me. It soared over my head with the force of her kick, and crashed into the tree a few feet away. It stood up, shaking its head. Its beady black eyes focused on me.

"PERCY JACKSON!! I WANT YOUR HEART!"

Crap.

"PERCY JACKSON!! I WANT YOUR HEART!!"

It's little orange legs propelled it forward, and it proceeded to do a flying leap and land on my face. With a yell, I threw it off and it careened into Conner Stoll who was walking past with Travis.

It landed with a thunk before standing up again, and focusing on Conner.

"CONNER STOLL!! I WANT YOUR HEART!!"

"What the-" Conner started before the chicken leaped up and started furiously pecking him where ever it could reach. "ACK!!"

Travis reacted quickly with a drop kick aimed at the chicken's head, but he missed, and nailed his brother between the legs. Conner turned white and toppled over, landing on the chicken. It let out a furious SQUACK!!!!

As soon as it managed to wiggle its way out from under Conner, it turned with a chicken death glare to Travis and screeched-

-you guessed it-

"TRAVIS STOLL!! I WANT YOUR HEART!!"

But before it could attack, an arrow whistled down from a nearby tree, and caught the chicken between the eyes. It fell over with a thunk.

The four of us turned to see who'd shot the arrow.

"Jeez! I come home from collage in New Rome, to find my fiancé being beaten up by a chicken. " Said a familiar voice. "Of all the people to be engaged to, I had to pick the biggest loser."

Travis turned with a huge smile on his face, but before he could say anything, the chicken stood up and yelled "I WILL BE BACK FOR YOUR HEARTS! AND I WILL NOT COME ALONE NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!" before sprinting as fast as it could on its tiny little chicken legs back into the forest.

"Would anyone care to explain to me what that was?" Asked Katie Gardener as she jumped out of her tree. "It seems like there's something fowl going on."