Chapter 2

That's the guy I bumped into earlier this morning! Wait...he's not alone, beside him is a pink haired guy around the same age with a big scar on his cheek... S-Sabito?

Sabito is Makomo's roommate, Makomo would always talk about him nonstop when ever she helps me with my homework so I suspect that she's in love. I always ship them anyway. Whenever Makomo is not free, Sabito always came to the rescue. Both of them are sweet and kind and I'm extremely grateful to them for always lending me a helping hand. I owe half of my grades to them.

"Sabito!" I yelled as I ran over waving my hand like crazy. Huh, I'm starting to act like my extremely loud brother, Kyojuro. (Author-Chan: UMAI!)

"Y/N! I didn't think I'd meet you here!" He beamed at me.

"I just happen to be around! By the way, you know this guy?" I pointed at raven hair.

"Oh now that you mentioned it. Y/N, this is Tomioka Giyu, Giyu, L/N Y/N. He's me and Makomo's new roommate! He just moved in a few days ago. He's also my childhood best friend, I haven't seen him for decades since he moved away." He glanced at Giyu who is spacing out on his right.

"Nice to meet you Tomioka-san, sorry I bumped into you earlier this morning..." I gave him an apologetic look.

"It's okay" he's still not looking at me. Is he holding a grudge?

"Oh yeah Sabito!" I turned to Sabito. "Are you free tonight? I really need help with my History project, again. Makomo said she's busy tonight." I sighed, every time I asked Makomo or Sabito for help, I'd feel like a burden.

"I'm free tonight, how about 8:00 pm?" He gave me a kind smile.

"Sounds good, are you sure I'm not troubling you?"

"Of course not! You're my friend, Y/N-chan, I would do everything I can to help you!"

"Thanks sooo much Sabito!" I gave him a hug.

Then I realised that it was time for me to go or else I'm gonna be late to class again, which is a pity I didn't get to talk to Sabito more... and also get to know more about Mr. quiet.

"I really need to get going now. See you tonight Sabito!" I waved goodbye to him. "Bye Tomioka-san!" I gave him a closed eye smile and then proceed to go out of the cafe.

🗡Sabito's pov🗡

"Bye Tomioka-san!" Y/N waved goodbye and gave Giyu a close eyed smile while jogging toward the exit.

Heh, typical Y/N. I smiled and turned to look at Giyu. "What do you think abou-" I got cut off. Giyu is... blushing? Although it's just a little but...THIS IS PRICELESS! I quietly snap a photo of this priceless moment.

(sry if it's bad I have no experience in editing or whatsoever)

Giyu seemed notice and took a sip of his espresso to hide it. We both know it's too late. It's impressive that Y/N is able to make him like that, it's not a easy task since he's been a depressed mf for god knows how long. Anyways, I decided to act as nothing happened and continued to say what I was gonna say just now.

"So, what do you think about Y/N?" Trying my best to hide my smirk.

"She's okay...I guess..." he's still not making eye contact.

"Huh, then why are you a tomato then?" I can't hide my smirk anymore.

"It's hot in here." He (pretended to?) tugged at the collar of his shirt.

I looked at the air conditioner above us, then looked back down. He followed my gaze to the air conditioner and then looked back down and sighed.

"Well?" I asked, still smirking.

"Look, can we not talk about this right now?" His tone serious.

"Okay okay, but tell me when you're ready, 'kay?" I decided not to pressure him too much.

He hesitantly nodded.

~🫥time skip🫥~

❤️Y/N's pov❤️

I knocked on Sabito and Makomo's apartment door. The person who opened the door is the one and only Sabito.

"Hey Y/N, glad you made it!" Sabito smiled.

"Wow, Makomo already left?" I peeked inside.

"Yeah, if you're looking for her, she said she'll be back by 11, she's having a girls night out with some of her friends."

Now I felt a bit disappointed that she didn't invite me, but maybe it's for my own good, I really need to get better grades. Maybe I'll go with her during summer break?

"Oh okay then." Is all I can manage to get out.

Just as I walked in the apartment, the bathroom door opened, and guess who walked out? Tomioka Giyu. I stood glued at the in front of the door. Shit what's my name again? Am I single? I wanna- hold up now Y/N, you just met this guy!

 Shit what's my name again? Am I single? I wanna- hold up now Y/N, you just met this guy!

(Help-)

Sabito who just closed the door saw Giyu and gave him a look that said 'get a shirt on you dumbass, we clearly have a guest here!' Giyu noticed me and his eyes widened , though still not showing any hint of emotion. He then retreated into his room.

"Y/N. Y/N? Y/N!" Sabito waved his hand in front of my face but no response.

"Hey snap out of it, Y/N you okay!?" He snapped his fingers in front of my face only then I came back to earth.

"W-what? Of course I'm okay!"

"Er you don't look okay." He looked at me and
pointed at his nose.

I touched my and noticed that i have a nosebleed. I quickly grabbed a tissue from the dining table and wipe it up.

"I'm so sorry Sabito!"

"Are you sure you can still study?" He seemed concerned.

"Yes let's start now."

"Okay if you say so, don't push yourself too hard, okay?"

"Yeah sure."

Well not gonna lie history is the most boring, hard and useless subject ever, next to maths of course. Anyways, about an hour and a half later Sabito got a text saying the small restaurant he worked at is short-staffed at the moment and that they needed him to fill in. My heart filled with joy because I can go home early, BUT, YES THERE'S A BUT! He told me Giyu can help me with my project. After that awkward encounter, oh hell no.

The moment he stepped out of the front door, I thought of going home. But when I touched the door knob, I remember that I'm doing this for my grades. But I don't wanna see him at the moment! Grades or freedom, it's grades or my sweet freedom? Tell me how you wanna spend your night? Seems that you can't decide. (Author-chan: wait, what? Sorry guys The song PS5 is stuck in my head 😭)

Oooookay I'm just gonna go with... grades. I walked towards giyu's room. I prepared to knock just to find my hand hovering in front of the door. Pull yourself together Y/N, it's just a knock!