Chapter VI

A/N: Next chapter is a flashback, so ignore the random dramatic thingy at the end.

Keira attended the Masquerade Gala later, and came in extremely late, something she did very often.

When she arrived, so did Thierry and Diego, an angry Diego approaching Marcel, who stood with a blonde girl, probably Camille O'Connell.

"Excuse me," Marcel told Cami, walking over to Diego and Thierry. When Diego explained what Thierry had most likely did, Marcel looked angry and walked up the balcony with him.

"I take it you did what I asked?" Nik said. Keira turned, annoyed, and found Nik and Rebekah behind her.

"Yep. It was fun!"

"What the hell did you do?!?" Marcel exclaimed furiously, picking up Thierry by the collar.

"Want any more proof?" Keira said, gesturing to the drama.

"Woah woah, not here!" Diego said, motioning to Cami, who saw the violence. Marcel and his vampires walked away to a different room.

"I want to hear your side of it," the Mikaelson's overheard Marcel ask furiously.

"Hey, Marcel, come on-" Thierry pleaded.

"Your version. Go," Marcel said.

"We were tossing the Cauldron. This guy, some nightwalker, he attacked Katie for no reason."

"His name was Max. I turned him, and as far as reasons go, he doesn't need one. She was a witch. He was a vampire. Now? He's dead," Marcel said angrily.

"I think I know what his reason was," Nik whispered in Keira's ear. She smiled quietly.

"I didn't mean for it to happen!" Thierry said desperately. Rebekah audibly smiled from behind her siblings.

"You broke my most important rule," Marcel sighed angrily. "Damn it, T. How long we been friends? Seventy years? I turned you into something that would never die. I gave you a gift."

"And I have been loyal to you all this time, and I still am. I'm still your friend, Marcel. I swear, that hasn't changed," Thierry replied. Camille O'Connell then walked over to the three.

"Are you all right, love?" Nik asked.

"He's got a temper, doesn't he? I guess this is the moment I remember I know better," Cami said, before walking away. Josh walked up a few steps behind Nik, who pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and gave it to him. Josh took it, and then walked up to Marcel.

"We found this at his girl's place," he said, handing it to Marcel.

Marcel unfolded the paper, and then looked even more angry. "Still my friend, huh? That's funny, because it looks to me like that little witch of yours got her hands on a spell that I keep locked away.?

Thierry looked frantic. "Marcel, I have never seen that."

"Shut up. I see on your hand, you still have the daylight ring I gave you. So, what would you need with the recipe for making new ones? Unless maybe you and Katie were gonna go off and start a little kingdom of your own?" Marcel said.

"Marcel, no!" Thierry exclaimed in confusion.

"Here's a lesson in friendship-- friends don't lie to me, they don't break my rules, and they do not steal what is mine," Marcel replied. "For the crime of murdering one of his own, I sentence Thierry Vanchure to one hundred years in the Garden."

"And it begins," Nik said proudly. As Rebekah sped away out the door to find Sophie Deveraux, the other two went out the balcony to see the witch Katie, Thierry, Marcel, and some of his vampire accomplices.