➳ Chapter 5: An Apology

You never expected the only last person who would want to talk to come to pay you a small visit after getting severely injured and probably almost got taken away from Kingdom... again. But you were now completely fine as you looked at Yoru with a confused look, puzzled. "Uh... what do you want?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. Yoru snapped from fidgeting with his butterfly comb as he hesitates and was careful with the words that would come out of his mouth. "I just came because er... I wanted to talk about something." He murmured, uncertain with his sentences even. 

"I'm sorry for y'know... blaming you on that one mission and like- yeah- I'm just sorry for making you uh... feel b-bad." Yoru blurted out.

"W-what?" You said in unison. 

You paused as you felt awful for Yoru, you never saw this kind of attitude from Yoru and you felt almost relieved that he has a soft side to him and he's showing it. You averted your gaze at him as you smile to yourself, "It's okay, I guess... I'm just surprised you are apologizing." You said softly. "I-it's not an apology! I just feel bad okay?" He excused, making you let out a small giggle before replying, "Well... if you say so, what's with the change of heart?" You questioned. 

"Well uh... about what you said before you erm- joined the protocol. It- Uh- Yeah- It made me feel sorta bad, so..." Yoru stammered, fidgeting constantly with his butterfly comb as he looked at the ground.

"Oh yeah, that." You responded as you glanced down at your hands and cupped them awkwardly.

"I mean it's okay if you don't wanna talk about it, I'm chill with it," Yoru added.

"Eh... let's just say it was a big hell of a disaster." You laughed.

"Haha, yeah I can tell." Yoru smiled and chuckled.

"Y'know, Brimstone has been insisting on making us work together even though we did the opposite so uh, you wanna be friends or something?" You asked.

"Sure, why not." Yoru accepted.

You looked at him as you held your hand, asking for a handshake. He looks at the hand your held out as you tilted your head, waiting patiently for him to shake your hand. Yoru hesitated as he shook your hand nervously as you both let go. "I'll give you some time to rest, uh... cya," Yoru said. You gave him a small smile as you replied, "Alright, cya later."

~~~

Ever since you've come to good terms with Yoru, you quickly became best friends with the man. You both compete in different activities and your bickering lessened as you both always hung out all the time. Brimstone was glad as you two were finally cooperating and Viper was finally relieved that she will never complain about you and him arguing. The other agents were intrigued by your close friendship with Yoru as he never felt this close to someone in a long time. Some of them asked what happened but you just brushed it off that you and Yoru finally became friends with each other, meanwhile, some of them were...curious.

"Guys? Is it just me or Killjoy has been... creepy." You said, rubbing your arm.

"What do you mean?" Jett asked.

"I've been seeing her following me around me, even when I spot her looking at me, she would just continue to stalk me." You replied.

"Maybe she's just collecting info? I don't even know what that girl does." Phoenix chimed in.

You sighed as you continued to observe Yoru train inside the training room, you standing behind the glass window as your eyes followed Yoru's fast-moving figure. You admired his skills and abilities, you don't even mind when Yoru starts flexing as you found it interesting and almost entertaining. As you admired him, Phoenix hits your arm with his elbow, making you glare at Phoenix as he laughs.