2- The Secret

helllooo, in the two pages of plot writing im finally getting past the first sentence

Steve POV:

I picked up Eddie and hooked an arm under his knee, and another behind his back. Slightly successfully carrying him bridal style.

I slowly shuffled back to the trailer, maneuvering around dead bats. I kicked in the door and noticed the sheet/rope gone from the gate. Half of the sheet was still there, but among the entry to the other side, it was joined by a hoodie, what looked like an old blanket, and some other cloths that were nearly rotting. But the mattress on the other side was back in its place, thankfully.

Henderson, that little genius

Ok honestly, I had no idea how to do this with a whole other person.

"Eddie, Eddie wake up. C'mon man, you've gotta help me out here." I shook him in my arms, trying to get him to wake even a bit.

But all I got in response was a mumble. He then turned in my arms, looping his own around my neck and stuffed his face into my chest.

I felt my knees soften a bit and I stumbled before catching myself. I resisted the urge to feel my face as it completely randomly began to burn.

"Ok uh, could you like try to wrap your legs around me?" I pleaded. There was no way I could get us both up that rope safely unless I could actually have enough of his body weight supported by himself and not just me.

Eddie shuffled again, turned his whole body towards me and loosely looping his legs around my waist. His chin over my shoulder.

I approached the rope. Wincing at even the thought of attempting this. With my left arm supported Eddie, I grabbed it with my right and stepped both feet onto the first knot in the rope. We swayed on the rope for the first few steps up. Once my head was basically poking through the ceiling, I knew on the next step gravity would reverse and we would flip.

I clutched Eddie tightly with one arm. And poured all of my strength into my other hand. I had to let us down carefully or else it would be bad for us both. Especially Eddie in his conditions.

I took in a deep breath,

I've got this

I lowered us slowly. Then we started to flip over. I attempted to control it as much as possible. We slowly flipped completely over, my arm at an uncomfortable angle.

Satisfied with our distance from the floor, I let go and held Eddie with both arms, taking the brunt of the fall.

I rested on the mattress for a few seconds before hoisting myself back up again.

Eddie slurred a string of incoherent words into my neck.

"Almost there" I spoke, reassuring not only him but myself too.

I stumbled out of the trailer, struggling at the steps down.

And mother of God, I have never been happier to see a stolen camper before.

But something was different.

The lights were on.

I could've sworn I turned it off before we left

As I approached the door, I could hear ]rattling breathing.

I creaked opened the door and locked eyes with Dustin.

He froze in place: hands tangled in his hair, endless streams of tears running down his face, gasping and struggling for air.

I watched his eyes slowly travel to the seemingly dead body in my arms.