Ease Your Mind

NAME: INEZ MOTA

AGE: 24

I smiled as I swallowed the bitter sweet white capsule. I loved this feeling. Well, I couldn't really feel anything at all, I felt numb, I loved the numbness. I could literally feel all my problems go away. as if they were clinging to someone else to figure out. My heart beat was speeding up, I could feel it practically jumping out of my chest. My eyes rolled back in pure bliss. I was flooded in complete euphoria.

My escape from reality was cut short by a loud pounding on the door.

"INEZ!" It was Mike's voice.

"WHAT?!" I yelled back, aggressivley.

"Open the door!" His voice grew louder then before.

I snapped back into real life, realizing I had to hide the pills. I couldn't let Mike know I was doing this, not again. He would be mad at me, like he is now. And I hate it whens he had, especially at me, it's unbearable.

So without another thought, I quickly grabbed the pill bottle, throwing it under the sink. When it hit the back of the cabinent, it made a loud bang. Which startled me, as well as Mike.

"Are you okay?" Mike shook the door knob frantically.

"Yeah." I assured him.

I sighed deeply, gripping the edge of the sink, making my knuckles turn white. My head started to throb with pain. Mike's banging wasn't making it any better. I held my head with both hands, hoping it would go away.

"Come on baby, open the door." His tone became more subtle. Soothing, actually. "Please."

I obeyed, opening the door slowly. There he was, standing tall and thin. His long hair resting on his shoulders underneath his hat. His beautiful brown eyes filled with worry, and his lips in a form of a frown.

"Are you doing, what I think your doing?" His worry-filled eyes, now narrowed at me.

"Doing what?" I played dumb.

"You know what I mean." Of course I did.

I could see his jaw clench in the dim lighting. I gasped as he pushed past me, storming into the bathroom. He began searching for my stash. First place he looked was in the medicine cabinent, very typical. He studied every bottle carefully, rereading every label on it. After not finding anything, he looked in the shower, then after under the rug. My breathe quickened as he started getting closer to the cabinent under the sink, I had to think of something quick.

"Do you not trust me?" I choked out, just before he began to open the doors.

I hoped this stopped him from searching, I thought.

It did, Mike stopped immediatley looking up at me, closing the two doors. He stood up rushing over to me, seeing I was on the verge of tears. His long arms wrapped tightly around me, as mine did around him.

"I do." He kissed the top of my head. Which made some of the pain go away. "I just... I don't know."

"I'm done with that." My lies started to sound more true, then the truth.

"I know." He sighed. "I just don't want to go threw this again."

"Neither do I."

I felt so guilty, which I was, no doubt about that. I was guilty all my life, and actually a really good liar, I hated that.

"I'm sorry." Mike spoke out suddenley.

"For what?" The first time I honestly didn't know what he was talking about.

"For everything, Inez." His voice sounded like it was cracking. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." I wiped away my tears. "It's my own."

And it was. It was my fault that Mike still doesn't know about my past. About all the shit I've been threw, all the lies I've told, and all the things I've did. He will never know, not until I'm ready to tell him. What he thinks of me now, is an innocent girl from Ohio. Boy, will he be surprised.

I love Mike Fuentes. From the first time I saw him, I knew I did. When we first met, 2 years ago at his bands concert, Pierce The Veil. As cliche as it sounds, it was love at first sight.

I don't know why I hurt him with my addiction. I don't know how a one time thing, became a lifestyle to me. I don't know why I can't stop. I don't know why I do what I do. I don't know about a lot of things. But one thing I'm sure of is that all the problems I caused, all the shit I put Mike into, only made our love stronger than before.

I hate how I'm hurting all of them, Tony, Vic, Jaime, ... Mike. I don't want to hurt them, I can't help it. My mutual love for cocaine is what drives me insane. I can't get enough of it...

------------

Just a little short story I started, nothing serious.

Picture of "Inez" and Mike in the multimedia section.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and I will update soon :)