1

"I l-like you! Please give me a chance!" Keon confessed to a girl that he probably invited here, in the rooftop at at lunch break. The bell rang so the girl hurriedly ran out of the rooftop.

He was left there alone, dumbfounded. Confused that he didn't know what he will do next. After a minute, he walk towards the cliff but when he looked at his left, his gaze turned wide. He looked at the cliff and at his left alternately. Then ran towards the door. The door created a loud sound after he slammed it. Probably started realizing everything.

When the class starts, he's just staring at the girl he confessed to earlier. The girl is attentive. She recites, writing down notes, and listening attentively to the teacher. Probably the reason why she didn't notice his stare. She's running for honors after all.

"Mr. Peddleton! Are you listening to me?!" He didn't budge. He probably can't hear anything, because he is overthinking about the scene earlier. The girl can't look at him, because she finally noticed that he's looking at her.

"Ms. Yuna, kindly say to Mr. Peddleton that he must go to the Dean's office right now because of his behavior." The teacher also noticed that he's looking at girl which is Michiko Yuna. She's half Japanese. Her father is Japanese and her mother is a Filipina.

She waved at Keon at smiled at him. He blinked twice and notices that everyone in the class is looking at him. "Uh, what's happening?"

"Go to the Dean's office, Mr. Peddleton. I think, you're not listening to me."

"I am! Uh.." He tried remembering the lesson, but he can't because he was really not listening. The lesson's boring. Almost everybody was sleepy so I can't blame him, but he is running for honors. With highest even. This is the first time he did not do well..because of her. Who can't look at him in the eyes, probably because of a little guilt.

"See? Now, go to the Dean's office." His gaze still wants to argue, but he stopped it afterwards. He understood that he can't do his best after what happened. It's his fault, and not anybody's or even Michiko's. He left without saying a word. After that, Michiko seem to can't concentrate anymore. She's just looking at the board, not doing something attentively like she did earlier.

They're both hopeless. It's obvious that they like each other. The only question left is, what are their priorities? Michiko prioritizes her study above all. She's an independent girl even when her family's rich. She just go home to sleep. But Keon is not. He's into his feelings towards Michiko, because he believes that she's his one true love. Cringe, but he's a believer.

"Is it my fault? I mean earlier, something happened between us. That probably made him over think," Michiko said as they walk towards the school gate.

"Oh my gosh, what's that? You didn't tell us anything!" Alaine, one of her friends, said. She's the one blushing for Michiko who just seem bothered.

"He confessed to me, but I.. I ran away. Because the bell rang! And uhm.. I didn't know how to answer that," She said.

"Why don't you tell him your answer tomorrow?" Daze, one of her friends, said. She smiled a bit and nodded. She looked at her right and smiled more like she's more encouraged.

"Bye, girls!" And they parted ways. Michiko is going to a café, because she still needs to study. At that same night, Keon is walking towards his home.

"That sucks, y'know. They made me wait there for almost 4 hours! Can you believe that?" He suddenly chuckled. "It's like I'm talking to myself here. I sure do look like crazy now. Well, since then."

That tomorrow came in a flash. "I don't think I can do it. What if he demands me to just date him always and slowly took my own time? What will I do? Is he worthy to be my first boyfriend?"

"Yes, I think, he's the perfect one for you. I mean, he's hot, rich, and intelligent. What more do you want?" Daze said. There she is. The shipper. She's the one who ships Keon and Michiko at first. And when she ships, it will become real. She has magic.

"Agreed." Alaine said, the flirt. He has a lot of crushes so she's giving some of it to her friends like they're her toys. But her friends will decline, of course. It's a good news that she still doesn't do boyfriends. Pure flings. One day, one guy.

"You think so, too?" She smiled after.

After that, she invited Keon to eat lunch together.

"So, what's this? Are we dating now?" Keon asked while he's getting a fork of carbonara that he bought. They're just two on their table but the cafeteria's full. They can hardly be heard. 

"I, uhm, never mind. It's nothing," she said and gulp as if she's lying. "My answer's on hold. I'd be a fool if I'll make you wait for me so, yeah. Do what you want."

Keon looked at her flatly. "I'll wait for you."

Michiko looked at Keon with wide eyes while blushing. Her face is all red. "R-really? I mean, I won't make you my priority so..is that okay with you?"

"Of course."

After that, days went by so fast. It's graduation now. And of course, Michiko and Keon are with high honors. Their average are both 97. I highly doubt that they're sharing answers because I saw both of them, doing their best.

Keon is my childhood friend and we're neighbors so we saw each other a lot. Michiko, Daze, Alaine  are my best friends. And I'm Ayi, a mute.

Michiko and Keon went to the school garden to talk, I guess. I know they love each other, but this will be the last time that I'll follow them. My feelings aren't heard after all.

Michiko closed her eyes as if she's embarrassed. "I l-like you, too!"

Keon's gaze turned wide when he realized what she meant. He hugged her when he understood everything. While they're hugging, Keon saw me and immediately run towards me as if a kid seeing a new toy to buy.

"D-did you..did you heard that, Ayi?! S-she liked me, too!" She looks like a kid telling his mom a new experience.

I nodded and smiled a bit. I pushed him and pointed at Michiko. He nodded and run towards her and when he reach her, he hugged her. I turned my back against them and face my parents who're congratulating me for getting the highest honor with a broken heart.