this is a oneshot theres literally no other parts

"You know... I love you. I love you all. I really do. But I hate you for this."

"...The resort is just down this path."

"To be honest, I'm more worried about how much gas is left."

Yellow balks. Gapes, and scoffs, and presses a hand to their forehead and purses their lips to prevent themself from screaming in utter annoyance. They take a sharp intake of breath, sharper than a well honed knife or... some... something... blade... newly sharpened on the whetstone... gah, whatever, they almost had it, almost had the cool funny metaphor they were going for but whatever!

"Saph! We're going the wrong way! And this bike doesn't run on gas!" Why thank you Ruby finally someone with a brain around here.

Yellow groans and plops their head into their palms, letting go of the handle on their part of the bike for a while to contemplate all of the terrible decisions they made to come to this point of their life. Sure, they weren't the most goodest of all people. They weren't a saint. But they were far from bad! A couple pies to the face, sure, but that was just for fun! A few car tinkerings that led to car crashes sure, but the worst injuries were just a few broken legs and arms! No deaths! Yellow hadn't murdered anyone!

And yet!

...Maybe this all has nothing to do with their own... sins. And all the bad stuff they've done. Maybe it's just that their friends are total idiots.

"G-guys... Calm down, I'm sure we'll get to the resort just in time for the party," Green, Yellow's sibling says, trying to calm down the rising uproar of gradually angrier teenagers sharing a four seat bicycle.

Yellow angrily knocks on the seat in front of them. "Green! It's been 3 hours! We're going the wrong way, Zircon's party starts soon and we're still on this fucking bike! They said the resort would be on Pine Street, not Bine Street!"

"There's still 3 hours left-"

"Pine Street is that way, like, 2 hours ago at that interstice! I told you to turn left but, but, ugh... whatever."

Shit.

Curse this all. Curse everything. Curse their friends for being so stupid. Curse their friends for deciding to go to Zircon's stupid birthday party on a four seat bicycle instead of going there in a car or a normal ride like normal human beings would. Curse Zircon for wanting to hold their birthday party at some secluded resort where Yellow has never been before. But most importantly curse themself for going along with this in the first place.

"...Oh shoot. You're right, this is Bine Street... Not... Pine..."

"It's okay. We go forward."

"No, no, no... Saph- we, we have to turn back. We won't reach the resort if we keep going this way!"

Well, Yellow's had it.

Sorry, Zircon, but they probably wouldn't be there for the party. All thanks to their best friends, of course, and uhh, yeah, not like they could've... not go along with them on the bike in the first place. Or, or, sit in the very front so they can at least steer the bike in the right way. But whatever. They're done, they're not going to stay here and listen to these idiots continue to bicker for the rest of the journey, and hey, wait, whoa, where are they going again?

"...We have to turn back!"

Yellow's in the middle of tuning out the conversation when they sense an impending forebode.

"Yeah, we can still make it... 'Twas 2 hours ago, right? The crossway, I mean... Who knows how long until we reach the resort, but at least we'll be going the right way!"